Greet from Pittsburgh.

craigslist22

Reaction score
Hey is Pittsburgh fun? I'm from eastern PA, could never find the motivation to build a career and stuff simply because real estate is so damn expensive here. But in Pittsburgh you can find places all over for 25-50k, in fine condition too. Kinda attractive. The spread out ruralness, tons of bike paths etc looks like it'd make a good home for the uneducated masses (a faux pas on the abhorrent state of our pay-to-win educational system). If the federal reserve/government ever go through with a multi-trillion dollar infrastructure stimulus, which they probably will, Pittsburgh would revitalize nicely. It's kinda attractive as a place to settle.. hence my interest in your thoughts. I know it's kinda bombed out now but the foundations there, just needs that stimulus, at least that's my thinking. Would love to hear a different viewpoint.

Also FYI if you wanna get outta there, the Great Allegheny Passage goes straight from the center of Pittsburgh all the way to Washington, and crosses the Appalachian Trail which is homelessness on easy mode.. tons of places to bum out with groceries only a few miles trip. With food stamps I imagine you could do that indefinitely. Just food for thought, did that a few summers ago and don't regret any of it. There's also the Pinhoti trail which starts 20 miles west of Springer Mountain and goes down Alabama, can probably winter there, and then the Florida Trail which goes all over FL. Tons of towns along those to live off of.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190609-161853.png
    Screenshot_20190609-161853.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 206
Reactions: Crazy Hobo Johnny

Crazy Hobo Johnny

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Welcome!

Been to Pittsburgh a couple of times! That's where my friend build my present bicycle.

Unfortunately, he's MIA and I'm trying to find him.

theprettiestfnord23

Reaction score
Hey is Pittsburgh fun? I'm from eastern PA, could never find the motivation to build a career and stuff simply because real estate is so damn expensive here. But in Pittsburgh you can find places all over for 25-50k, in fine condition too. Kinda attractive. The spread out ruralness, tons of bike paths etc looks like it'd make a good home for the uneducated masses (a faux pas on the abhorrent state of our pay-to-win educational system). If the federal reserve/government ever go through with a multi-trillion dollar infrastructure stimulus, which they probably will, Pittsburgh would revitalize nicely. It's kinda attractive as a place to settle.. hence my interest in your thoughts. I know it's kinda bombed out now but the foundations there, just needs that stimulus, at least that's my thinking. Would love to hear a different viewpoint.

Also FYI if you wanna get outta there, the Great Allegheny Passage goes straight from the center of Pittsburgh all the way to Washington, and crosses the Appalachian Trail which is homelessness on easy mode.. tons of places to bum out with groceries only a few miles trip. With food stamps I imagine you could do that indefinitely. Just food for thought, did that a few summers ago and don't regret any of it. There's also the Pinhoti trail which starts 20 miles west of Springer Mountain and goes down Alabama, can probably winter there, and then the Florida Trail which goes all over FL. Tons of towns along those to live off of.

PGH is decent for vacant properties but I'm still new to the squatting world. Am in the process of opening shop at the first place I can claim as my own, but have set up shop with others a couple different times..

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads