got a new puppy

jeffyDee

Reaction score
so i bought a rhodesian ridgeback bordercollie bullmastiff mixi got him at 4 weeks which is really young but hes 8 weeks now and doing great anyways i want to know peoples views on shots should i get em or are they a waste of money i want my little buddy to be around a long time

Attachments

• 2013-12-27-213921.jpg
    2013-12-27-213921.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 383

landpirate

campervan untilising nomadic traveller
Reaction score
Like Shakou said, your pup is very young and it's immune system is not going to be fully ready for all the bugs that are out there. I would vaccinate, at least for his first year. I've had dogs that I haven't vaccinated but they were older and didn't really get out and about all that much. My dog now gets better health care than I do because she goes everywhere and in all honesty the vaccinations are cheaper than treating a potentially life threatening illness. Good luck though, he looks like a Cutey.

Hylyx

Reaction score
Definitely get him his shots. That sucks it's so much in Canada, are there no SPCA-type things up there that do it for cheap/free? There is lots of that on the west coast at least. If not you should see if ya can just bring him across to the border and go to a a clinic here. You can totally bring him to seattle to visit! ^_^ Also good to get the fuzzy family traveling when they are young, it makes them soo much more chill and relaxed about everything.
Ganbatte! and scratch his ears for me. ^_^

Haley

Reaction score
Get him shots!!! Parvo is airborne, and extremely dangerous. Also a terrible way to watch a dog die. Blood coming from every orifice, and lots of pain!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads