Good Short-Term Jobs...

Threads
Current Location
York, PA
Reactions
95% 0% 5%
I checked in other posts with the same information but couldn't really find what I was looking for.

Are there any suggestions on short-term jobs that you can find pretty much anywhere in the U.S? I don't have much creative talent and don't have a ton of personal skills, but when it comes to Manual labor (and scamming, and begging), I can go for days.

As far as I can find, Fast-food seems to be the answer (save for McDonald's) but I was wondering if there were other options/places/ideas?

EDIT: Pay doesn't matter, as long as it's above minimum wage...

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

QueerCoyote

granola punk
Threads
Current Location
Olean, NY
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Painting gigs, farm work, landscaping labor... ask farmers for work, check CL for landscaping/construction/painting gigs. There are always places in food service.

W

Weminuche

I deleted myself
I sometimes work a concert setup gig. Found it on Craigslist.
It's super laid back. Haven't even talked to the guy in weeks. But If I wanted to I could text him today and ask if there's an event I could work.
Seems like there's alot of traveller type folk on a lot of the jobs but I'm too nonsocial to really talk to them to confirm that.
They need a shit ton of hands in pretty much every major city for the Roadies to order around. It's good, physical, low stress, fun work.
I got to crawl under the stage and roll a piano onto an elevator thing for Guns n Roses last summer. It was tits!
If you "make it" with the company sometimes they will send you to other states to help out their sister companies.
If you really get into it you can learn to be a climber. These cats roll roll up to work with 60L packs full of climbing gear. It's dangerous and stressful cause if you drop a wrench over a stage you could kill someone. But I'm guessing the pay is pretty decent.
Only con I can see is that you have to stick around for two weeks to pick up your paycheck. But the pro is you have a good job on every major city.

OP
OP
TrainingHoppers
Threads
Current Location
York, PA
Reactions
95% 0% 5%
Painting gigs, farm work, landscaping labor... ask farmers for work, check CL for landscaping/construction/painting gigs. There are always places in food service.
Yeah, always odd jobs around as well. Thanks for the input man!

I sometimes work a concert setup gig. Found it on Craigslist.
It's super laid back. Haven't even talked to the guy in weeks. But If I wanted to I could text him today and ask if there's an event I could work.
Seems like there's alot of traveller type folk on a lot of the jobs but I'm too nonsocial to really talk to them to confirm that.
They need a shit ton of hands in pretty much every major city for the Roadies to order around. It's good, physical, low stress, fun work.
I got to crawl under the stage and roll a piano onto an elevator thing for Guns n Roses last summer. It was tits!
If you "make it" with the company sometimes they will send you to other states to help out their sister companies.
If you really get into it you can learn to be a climber. These cats roll roll up to work with 60L packs full of climbing gear. It's dangerous and stressful cause if you drop a wrench over a stage you could kill someone. But I'm guessing the pay is pretty decent.
Only con I can see is that you have to stick around for two weeks to pick up your paycheck. But the pro is you have a good job on every major city.
That sounds great actually, in the offhand, how much do you think one roadie gig makes you?
And I'm correct that this is something I could do one time and they wouldn't be hurt if I said "hey, I'm not interested in sticking around much" when it was all over?

W

Weminuche

I deleted myself
It's like $11/hour. Gigs range from 4-8 hours. I've worked from 5pm-2am once.
Yea you don't even need to tell them "no." They send out a mass text and you respond if you want to work. If you're ever in Denver PM me and I'll give you the contact.

Edit: they feed the lunch sometimes!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
TrainingHoppers
Threads
Current Location
York, PA
Reactions
95% 0% 5%
It's like $11/hour. Gigs range from 4-8 hours. I've worked from 5pm-2am once.
Yea you don't even need to tell them "no." They send out a mass text and you respond if you want to work. If you're ever in Denver PM me and I'll give you the contact.

Edit: they feed the lunch sometimes!
Damn, that's some hot stuff, thanks for the input, man!

Threads
Current Location
Greeley
Reactions
92% 1% 7%
Another Sweet job .imo is sign spinner. I did that till business went out of business. Easy AF. Plus lot people give you drinks ,food, weed, and even got some Walmart gift cards. People just see u every day having a good time.

Threads
Current Location
Chattanooga, TN
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Look for Road Crews and ask the foremen if you can work through the day for cash.

Also Landscape crews welcome an extra set of hands in most towns.

Sometimes luck can be had volunteering and expressing your situation while offering your time.....

Also any Dollar Store type chain store usually hires quickly in person.