Good on-ramp for going North from the Bay Area on the 5? | Squat the Planet

Good on-ramp for going North from the Bay Area on the 5?

West

Squatter Fodder
Reaction score
the only other time I've hitched north out of SF hadda walk thru Sausalito to the 101 on-ramp north of town. Hoping some of y'all know a good spot on the 5! Preciate cha

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Saulisito is good one. If you can make it to Novato is even better.

But your BEST bet is to look up the bus from SF to Santa Rosa, to Cloverdale and hitch from the McDonald's offramp. It's like $10 or sommething. Save you alot of trouble.

Reactions: benton and West

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Or, ya know, hitch out of the tourist parking lot for the Golden Gate Bridge viewarea. I have got rides from there before...the cops will stop you though.

Reactions: AAAutin

Rob Nothing

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
5 is possibly the slowest way out. not to mention it is as you may already be aware, not anywhere even remotely close to SF.

train out of ok to sac is i think daily though and extremely straightforward catch.

what didnt you like about hitching the 101? i know saisalito isnt the quickest spot and there are plenty of bussing options to places like petaluma and SR

West

Squatter Fodder
Reaction score
5 is possibly the slowest way out. not to mention it is as you may already be aware, not anywhere even remotely close to SF.

train out of ok to sac is i think daily though and extremely straightforward catch.

what didnt you like about hitching the 101? i know saisalito isnt the quickest spot and there are plenty of bussing options to places like petaluma and SR
Nothing wrong with 101! Just too slow. Ended up going up 101 and made it from Oakland to Portland in 2 days and a morning, which wasn't too bad.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads