Good boots?

TBone

Reaction score
Anyone have any recommendations on a good relatively inexpensive pair of hiking boots? I was going nearly cross country a couple months back and ruined my trip by wearing a shitty old pair of worn out workboots. Packing too heavy had a part in it but I fucked my feet up real bad. Ended up having to hitch and take the bus.

mike

Reaction score
widerstand wrote:
Well I have always loved Mad Rock Hiking shoes since they last for 1.5 to 2 years which i think is worth the $50-$60 buck instead of getting a few pairs of $20 dollar crap boots. I have had these http://www.madrockclimbing.com/cart.php ... ory_id=249 for about 11months now and they are still holding up strong.

How do these fit? ive heard they are kind of tight and yuo should get a size larger than you would normally.

P

punkkus

Jungle boots (or army combat boots & regular hiking boots) run from $10-30 bucks new on eBay, but from experiance I'd have to recommend hiking shoes too. I must be the only one with some weird foot condition, but my feet constantly sweat in boots and that makes ripe for blisters in between my toes. Boots look nice, but they don't feel nice.

Post edited by: punkkus, at: 2006/10/05 14:20

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads