Going to rubber tramp rendezvous?

G

Grubblin

I didn't plan to but now I'm going to try and make it. I plan on being around the Phoenix area by then, so maybe? My plans change when the wind blows just right so I can't tell where I'll be next week, much less by then.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i'd really like to go but i'd have to get a ride from someone going through slab city.

G

Grubblin

@Matt Derrick. I'm planinng on being around the Grand Canyon in late december - early January. I can give you a ride from there if you can make it. Are you still on the bike? I have a small suv so I'm not sure how I could tote that but if we can find a way your more than welcome.

wanderlovejosh

Reaction score

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    255.2 KB · Views: 351

wanderlovejosh

Reaction score
Yeah I'm not a fan of people really, but this particular one appears like it I could either be comfortable around others, or I'll retreat back to my hole. I'm gonna try to go keeping an open mind tho. There's gotta be a least a couple people I can talk to about beer and Star Wars. Lol

creature

plastic wingnut in a microwave
Banned
Reaction score
OK.. I have a couple of stops to make between here (Astoria, OR) & the slabs...

If I find a good spot to land, I land..
If not, I keep going..

From SoCal, I either find work & feed the library, or I head east..

I may be able to make it to FL with what I have. By jan 10, shit should be resolved..

So.. One more set of wheels tentatively rolling in that direction..

Naked Lilies

Reaction score
After much deliberation, I think I will be doing this. Will be a nice distraction from the ice and snow that is Virginia in January. Probably hit up the slabs too...kinda curious to see what it's like in the dead of winter.

Anyone that wants to catch a ride from me on the east coast is welcome to join as always.

Reactions: wanderlovejosh

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Could someone report back and let us know what it was like? I'd like to check it out next year when I have my own vehicle.

Reactions: wanderlovejosh

wanderlovejosh

Reaction score
I'll be there with my wife @bluebadgerblue !!! We were there last year and loved it.
We live in a cargo trailer with a big red truck...and you can't miss our hair and our kid. Say hi if you all come!

I think I saw a video you did with bob wells, the red truck and cargo trailer sounds familiar. So yeah see ya there!

Reactions: wickedwench

wickedwench

Reaction score
Website
www.fireandsliceproductions.com
i'd really like to go but i'd have to get a ride from someone going through slab city.
So funny thing, Bob Wells, who organizes the RtR and runs CheapRVLiving.com was just visiting our camp today, and he said he'd give you a ride if you want to come. He is very interested in discussing Squat the Planet, the community around it and other stuff with you on the way.

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads