Getting to Canada - emergency - no passport | Squat the Planet

Getting to Canada - emergency - no passport

salxtina

Reaction score
Shit's got really bad here and the only safe place left for me to go is in Quebec. I don't have the time to wait for a fucking passport card or the money to pay for expediting or whatever. People do this. I know people do this. Help me out. Don't care how I get there just need to go now.

FreeMind

Reaction score
Shit's got really bad here and the only safe place left for me to go is in Quebec. I don't have the time to wait for a fucking passport card or the money to pay for expediting or whatever. People do this. I know people do this. Help me out. Don't care how I get there just need to go now.

Find a vulnerable(less populated,less traffic) spot along the border to cross. Thousands enter the U.S. daily without getting caught, I'm sure you can find a way into Canada.

Reactions: OutsideYourWorld

Frodo

Reaction score
this sounds a little sketch to me. sounds more like youre running from the law. canada wont help you there. you got just as much chance of being picked up there as you are the u.s. and dont think they wont extradite a non- citizen.

FreeMind

Reaction score
Everybody is running from the law. Who in their right mind would continue to be a slave to this unjust system. Bullshit laws enforced by bullshit policy to generate revenue for the bullshit system. I've been running from the law for 14 years over a dime bag and a weed pipe. Lost my license, my car, lost time spent in jail,on probation,etc. For a dime bag and a weed pipe. And this is why I say fuck society.They keep you in a revolving door until put your foot down in the doorway. I say run lady! Fuck the system!, good luck in Canada.

salxtina

Reaction score
I'm already "lying low in another state." Want to know where my warrants are? Tennessee and Arizona. There: come extradite me out of New England for misdemeanors, fed bastards. They already know, they don't care.

The issue isn't the law, it's 1. my creepy-ass birth family, and 2. the chances that I'll blast myself if I have to deal with this shit any longer. In Quebec there's people I trust who I could stay with, help out at their farmhouse in exchange for basics, not have to worry about money for a while.

Yeah, I get that publicly asking about details isn't a great move probably. I get it's not the kind of thing you can really research too much, kind of just have to go ahead and do it. Thanks xo

MarsOrScars

Reaction score
Website
knotcraft.net
The issue isn't the law, it's 1. my creepy-ass birth family,

So, running away from family? Well, family members can't really do much to you after you're of a certain age. Honestly, if you're just under that age, you're better off waiting here in the US until you are no longer minor status and your parents can no longer claim your dependence. I wouldn't risk crossing a border illegally given the amount of risk. You can always find an un-populated area to try and sneak by, just be prepared to have the right gear and not be afraid of some bush whacking. Just note, I don't personally recommend going this route. I really do hate how this world is so closed off and divided by borders.

Regarding the warrants agreed on them being bullshit, my friend has a standing warrant in Delaware. Unfortunately he slept with the clerk and rubbed off on her in the wrong kind of way so any time he goes to try and get his case resolved legitimately, he gets fucked by a rigged system and conflicting interests. It is a misdemeanor charge, and they haven't bothered picking him up.

and 2. the chances that I'll blast myself if I have to deal with this shit any longer. In Quebec there's people I trust who I could stay with, help out at their farmhouse in exchange for basics, not have to worry about money for a while.

That's okay, as long as you know for sure your friends in Quebec are okay with the potential legal risks. I'm not sure what the laws in Canada are, but I can imagine housing an illegal immigrant in exchange for work could be sketch.

TL:DR, If you can, try to stay in US if you're still dealing with minor status bullshit.

D

Deleted member 125

posting in a thread mostly replied by newer members providing information on crossing borders illegally.

but seriously, if you have to ask thats yer first problem.

MarsOrScars

Reaction score
Website
knotcraft.net
"Well, family members can't really do much to you after you're of a certain age."
If you truly believe this you know nothing. Don't talk about things you don't know.
I'm in my mid-20s and I haven't lived with them in a full decade. That doesn't stop shit.

My bad, It's hard to tell how old someone is - especially in the case of "I need to get away from my family." Your situation does sound all sorts of fucked which I'm sorry to hear.

salxtina

Reaction score
Sorry Mars - thanks for reaching out - passport card would be easy enough to get but I don't know if it's worth it to stick around a mailing address that long - I'll figure out something.

MarsOrScars

Reaction score
Website
knotcraft.net
I heard a rumor that if you go to a city with a passport office you can get it in under 2 weeks. I don't know how true this is; why should just living close to a passport office just give you priority, but government -___-

Actually, depending on the misdemeanor charges it might not get approved at all. So you'd be forced to hop the border unless you got those dealt with. Or you know, burn all identification and drop paper trails.

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
even if you go the legitimate route and get a passport, good luck finding a sympathetic border crossing agent. You know if you show up at the border with just a backpack they most likely are going to want to see proof of sufficient funds in an account for the length of your stay.

care to share more about why your family is so "creepy"? I mean, im sure just about everyone has some family that are a pain in the ass...but sneaking away to another country to get away from them?????

Tony Pro

Reaction score
Website
gavincwillow.wordpress.com
Pretty sure if you go the legal route the border officials can check to see if you have any outstanding warrants, and there's your ass in the bag.

Sorry you're not getting much help here. Maybe try using Google earth to find the most wild looking stretch of border.

pcflvly

Reaction score
Website
ello.co
It's an easy border to cross. Just go. Throw away your ID and lie if you get stopped. I did it. Canada wouldn't let me in because I didn't have any money. I walked back to the first side road, walked a mile down it, then turned north. As soon as I crossed the border I found a hobo Hilton. I spent a month in BC then hitched to Nova Scotia. I only got ID'd once. I lied and went on my way. Someone mentioned the cross border hop. I know someone who did that too. They did not get a good reception in Canada. Cool if you don't get caught but disastrous if you do. Note: I didn't know it at the time but I'm a dual citizen. I had every right to be in Canada.

• Haha
Reactions: Tony Pro

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads