Getting out of florida

Crystalelle

Reaction score
Crystal 24 currently in Clearwater FL. Haven't done much traveling but definitely ready to get the fuck outta here. Just waiting on a court date to pass then trying to head anywhere but Florida. Looking for advice from anyone who has traveled out of Florida. Or anyone who knows of cool places to meet other travelers ..as I'm Gunna be on my own at first

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
well, i guess i would advise going somewhere there are other travelers, maybe catch a megabus or something to new orleans? then start from there...

Countrytime Sky

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Not sure if this helps you, if you can find a St Vincent de Paul, I am pretty sure they will give you a bus ticket anywhere in the u.s.
And mind you , they may also ask if you have family to call to the destination you ask for. So if they ask you that "do you have family there" give them a friend's number or a family member's number to vouch that you are going to them and BAM they give you a bus ticket out. Blessings and peace on your journey's

Hobo Mud

Reaction score
Have not been to clear water since 94, was certainly a very nice area and one of my top 10 favorite places to visit. Wish you nothing but the best of luck in your journeys, remember to take your time and allow the adventure to unfold. Welcome to STP! Safe travels!

Reactions: Keno Star and Nailz

Crystalelle

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice everyone! Will be taking a mega bus to Nola at the end of April :) lmk if u or anyone u know will be out there. Will be cool to meet up with people

NapalmBreath

Reaction score
You have any suggestions to start?

I kind of agree, I don't know you or your capabilities but a lot of really capable and experienced shitbags seeking to prey on a younger kid can be found in nola, a lot of really great people too. Last time I was there the cops found a young homeless woman decapitated under the warf. I'm not trying to scare you, I fucking love new orleans and think you should hit it up once you get a little more experience. Nola was my first destination but I traveled 2500 miles over the course of a few weeks to get there and learned a lot on the way.

I lived in Florida for over a decade as a kid and have been back since hitting the road and I would say St.Augustine is a good place for you to get your bearings. There will likely be other kids in town, the cops were the most lenient I've ever seen in FL, there's a lot of tourists with disposable income and there's plenty of free food to be had. I haven't been there in a few years, but it's the only city in FL I would even consider going back to.

Safe travels, look out for yourself.

Hazardoussix6six

RideBikesPlayPolo
Reaction score
denver is a gopd spot to get your bearings. hit up Sox's good people there free hot food and computer video games and couches to nap on. pretty far away though considering your in florida though.

D

Deleted member 20975

I was headed that way from the west and got spooked somewhere in eastern NM i believe. I ended up coming back to canada. The states is an ugly angry place sometimes. It might sound cliche but i literally felt more at peace when i got to canada. I would have been there around halloween which would have been a fucking trip. But sometimes anxieties get me off the road for a while. Ive heard it can be pretty rough but like anywhere being vigilant, not talking shit, and trusting your gut can keep you safe. My only suggestion is to not stay still for too long, keep moving on to greener pastures.

Countrytime Sky

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Have not been to clear water since 94, was certainly a very nice area and one of my top 10 favorite places to visit. Wish you nothing but the best of luck in your journeys, remember to take your time and allow the adventure to unfold. Welcome to STP! Safe travels!
Hobo mud I did not mean to hit thumbs down and can't fix it lol

Wayward Odyssey

Reaction score
I agree with Hazardous, Denver is probably the best place to start out if you're by yourself. You would probably run into a good crew in NOLA and they can give you some good tips at the very least but chances are most people you would be interacting with are home bums which will approach you as soon as they see you have a backpack on and some of them can be volatile and become aggressive for no reason, in major cities more than anywhere else and while this is true wherever you are, the western half of the country seems to be a little better in that regard, people are usually more helpful and this type of lifestyle is better tolerated, even the home bums seem to be a bit better behaved out west, I'd say CO, MT, OR and parts of ID are the more friendlier places to explore and start out with, VT is also pretty cool if you ever end up there but that's just my two cents from personal experiences, i'd also try to find someone to head out with if possible, it can be hard to find other travelers on the road

Reaction score
Crystal 24 currently in Clearwater FL. Haven't done much traveling but definitely ready to get the fuck outta here. Just waiting on a court date to pass then trying to head anywhere but Florida. Looking for advice from anyone who has traveled out of Florida. Or anyone who knows of cool places to meet other travelers ..as I'm Gunna be on my own at first
when is yer court date and what direction you heading? I'm in FT. Pierce leaving SOON

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads