Getting into Mexico by freight train | Squat the Planet

Getting into Mexico by freight train

Steven

Reaction score
I'm from Indiana & i wanna see i could get into Mexicali by frieght ttrain & skip the border checks.
I know, I know!
Your probibly saying "who the hell would wanna go down there?!" BUT hear me out for a minute...

I just want to see if the reports of violence are real and accurate. I also wanna see the area & talk to the locals and maybe make some friends.

Has anyone ever done it before?

Doobie_D

The Slack Action Hero
Reaction score
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSN-x76gMR_O5hY6-gugpNh0coBN4FDszJiEx1jGhb7D5PSbzwI.jpg

D

Deleted member 125

bwahahahahaha. dude dont ride freight into mexico. going to see if violence is there is like walking into a bad neighborhood and announcing you have cash and a cracked iphone. no matter how poor you think you look in the states with a pack on thereway poorer people there and i doubt theyd put up with some gringo asshole asking questions about whether or not pople really die or are mistreated in jails/prisons/by police in general. not to judge more then i already have, but if i saw you in mexico judging by yer profile picture, id rob you.

EDIT: not to sound xenophobic or anything because im not, and i dont think mexico is some horrible shithole where people die covered in flies everyday, but it does happen, and the last thing ide want if i was them was some american going "OH MY GODDD THIS REALLY HAPPENS YOU GUYS SHOULD REVOLT OR SOMETHING."

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
Man I know lots of kids that have rode in Mexico...travel in packs..as far as the boarder I have only crossed on foot and I just walked into the country..didnt even get my passport stamped (caused a small problem when leaving into Belize)
My guess would have been that they dont check shit going into mexico, just like my personal experience in San diego. But the consensus on here seems to point the other way. If STP bad asses are talking it down probably best avoid it.
To many folks have this thing about crossing boarders on freight when its so easy to cross legally then ride from there.

Reactions: Doobie_D

Steven

Reaction score
yea. laugh it up. why the fuck does this stupid site exist if y'all talk down to people who are new to this stuff? can't i ask a simple question? I guess i'll head on over to some other site where the people are more polite.
I just asked because i heard you could get into Canada by freight train.

I guess you guys assume new people like me who come on here are stupid or something. Well I will have you know that i'm NOT, i'm just not experienced in getting away with not paying for things.

i've seen David Choe do it and other people do it & thought maybe i might be able to if i'm cautious. I'm sorry if that's funny to you people

• Haha
Reactions: Doobie_D
D

Deleted member 125

i dont think anybody was laughing it up at yer expense, it seems like the general answer to yer question is dont do it. get a passport and just walk across the border.

CouchPunx

Reaction score
just walk across the border, they don't check your passport. Mexico is pretty safe, you'll be fine, hitching is easy, don't follow david choe, i saw that episode of that thing and he faked the train hopping, you can't do that especially in tijuana

D

Deleted member 125

you may be able to get across without having a passport, but getting back into the states is going to be a huge hassle if you dont have a passport.

Steven

Reaction score
i never said i was going there to stay. just to see if the reports are accurate because I have seen some ppl online who claim to live there and they say it's not that bad. I don't know what side to believe. The media or the people "living there".
However, I have thought about it lately and decided to just save up & get a passport. I was thinking about walking across to Mexicali which is safer then Tj then back through the US to Brownsville and walk over to Matamoros or Valle Hermoso

Rob Nothing

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
If it's any constellation, I'm a complete idiot and am headed there myself perrty soon here. But I think I'll definitely wanna grab a couple passports first, because I have a feeling at least having a US pass might make me a very fortunate bastard at some later point.

At least that'd make two fly covered american corpses.

KingFRedo

Reaction score
You don't need a passport to return to the US from Mexico. Being from arizona I know many people that cross with state ID and birth certificate some of these people being hispanic, and they pass without much hassle. I even heard of people passing with state ID alone. As far as Mexico being dangerous I can tell you mexicali, san luis, nogales, agua prieta, naco, lukeville, all arizona border towns arent dangerous but becareful if you decide to visit Mexico. I would definitely avoid Tijuana and Ciudad Juarez. Matamorros/Brownsville is the border town where they deport illegals who have done prison time or are considered dangerous so becareful there as well.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads