Getting a non registered dog onto Greyhound (2 Viewers)

dumpsternavel

Wayfarer
Current Location
Fuck Off Land
Website
m.soundcloud.com
Howdy y'all. I was wondering if any of you may have experience with taking a large dog onto a Greyhound bus. My doggo isn't legally registered as a service animal.. I can easily spew some recited information about the ADA, and whatnot- though, I just want to ensure (as much as I can) that she's allowed the ride with me.

Let me know!

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!
Current Location
Bakersfield CA
Website
m.me
I've got plenty of experience. So before they were allowed to ask you "is that a service dog? " Of course I would reply yes! And what service does the animal pervade? Me I would say I"i have ceserce" Now all they are allowed to ask " Is that a service dog " So you got it easy just be confident and I'm telling you the complete truth don't let them boss you around it's your right to have your best friend with you just as long as he/she doesn't act up

Bedheadred

Rambler
Current Location
On the road
There is no legal service dog registration. LEGALLY you have a right to train a dog as a service animal yourself. They are allowed to ask only two questions, is this a service animal, and what tasks does it perform? Just a heads up that when a service dog is on public transport, they are required to lay either under your seat, or in front of the seat so as to not block the aisle, NOT on a seat. As long as the dog doesn't bark or intimate any of the passengers you shouldn't have an issue.

Current Location
Bakersfield CA
Website
m.me
The bus drivers I've been dealing with resontly told me that they are only allowed to ask now is that a service dog but close enough like Bedheader just said have your dog under control don't block the isle and not on the seat

Coywolf

Mastering the Art of Houselessness
Current Location
Utah
Website
www.youtube.com
Yep, legally under ADA, they are only allowed to ask if it is a service animal, and what service the animal provides...

BUT

that doesn't mean you are going to get a monkey, or a cat on the bus.

The only recognized service animals are dogs and Minature Horses.

junkpolecat99

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Current Location
Flint, MI
I guess that's one of the benefits of dealing with a large corporation that has to follow interstate federal laws. It's a bit like the Freedom Riders back in the 1960s.

erisACAB

Lurker
Current Location
Olympia, Washington
You can find tons of templates online to make a tag. Just edit it with your dogs picture and all your info. Go to a Kinkos, print it on cardstock and get it laminated. Looks super legit and will shut em up real fast. Also, on megabus it always helped if I would say that someone disabled while ordering the ticket and mention the dog then. That way they've got a heads up and won't be dicks to you when you show up with your dog. I only suggest doing this is if your dog is well mannered and doesn't bark or cause a fuss, cause that just blows it up for everyone.

Attachments

Current Location
atlanta ga
Dont even give them an inch of room to tell you its not okay. Dont gotta be rude about it or anything. My buddy would always just smile and say "Its okay shes a service animal" and keep walking.

ScumRag

me, hellarity, oak, ca. about 2006
Lifetime Supporter
Current Location
San Diego, CA
I think it's also important to note that emotional support animals include cats & rabbits. I'm not certain with Greyhound but I flew with my (sadly deceased) kitty on Southwest provided I purchased one of their carriers & forked out like an additional 30 bucks. I was homeless at the time & 30 bucks plus a fuckin carrier was a lot of cash. I have seen a stow away kitty on Scamtrak & a "service dog" (although Im pretty certain the woman - a scumfuck from SF - was using the dog as a smokescreen for smuggling pot across Nebraska) as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $45.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $45.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $45.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $45.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Im securing a squat tonight that should be a good long term squat. Also im playing a show tonight.
Just go to Barcelona and got lost on my way to my hostel. I walked into a corner store and asked for directions, and a guy who didn’t speak any English or know anything about me pointed to where i need to go and gave me a sticker that said “Everyone hates the police!”. I’m definitely in the right place😄!
Macon for a super hot minute. Who what when where?
Finished an initial draft of a floorplan for my new van:
A lot has happened since returning to California. Just two days after returning from the road, I grew the courage to leave my abusive SO and stop hiding her abuse. I returned to my hometown in the Bay Area; I’m now going to stay housed up here until next summer as I recover from trauma and save up for my next adventure. I’ve just gotten a job offer, and will be renting a room of my own here!
I learned a lot about myself and the world on the road, but I know vagabonding is the life for me!
I never did complete an update here, did I?
Well, I rubbertramped all across the country, back from Boston with a fellow moderator from R&V. We drove from there to Las Vegas over the course of a month! I saw 4 national parks, 30 states, and crossed over 6000+ miles. I came back to Los Angeles on June 15th, having achieved my goal of hitchhiking the entire country, and was on the road for over two months.
3 weeks of CDL training starting Monday. Im so excited. Living in semi is an upgrade from living in the van, especially since your getting paid for it! Hells yea!!!
A list of all the magic stores in the U.S. would be a sick feature on stp. Imagine you get off the train desperately in need of smokes and a slam, but you got ran off every corner... Dont worry stp knows exactly where you can get pall malls and some steelies with those foodies you picked up in the last town.
Engineer J Lupo wrote on Matt Derrick's profile.
Happy Birthday, dad!
I really need to find someone catching out around at joseph... I don't know if I can do this for the first time in my own...

Members online