folk punk bands? | Squat the Planet

folk punk bands?

natgr81

Reaction score
can anyone give me some good folk punk bands, i realy like the style, but im have trouble finding decent bands, probobly b/c the music is underground and what what not. so any good bands people?

Danielsama34

Reaction score
It seems like folk is becoming the new ska... but being a fellow folkie Ill help ya out... You should check out Andrew Jackson Jihad, Defiance Ohio, Tin Tree Factory, Riot Folk collective, Chumbawamba, and of course Mischief Brew... Let me know if ya like them.

D

Deleted member 125

black death all stars, barefoot surrender, mancub, counterfiet matt, 37 cents, screams of christ, mcdougall, al baker and the dole que. im trying to branch off from the typical answers. but all of these groups/artists have myspaces and you can listen to them for free.

streetlight

Reaction score
All i can say is the fucking Dreadnoughts from vancouver canada

That is a pretty damn good song, but to hear the best of them you will really have to buy/download their albums. Go on their myspace for more aswell.

Reactions: ipoPua

paddymelt

Reaction score
Mutiny (from austrailia), The Orphans, Zydepunks, Two Gallants, Ghost Mice, Tim Barry... and yeah Mischief Brew, Defiance Ohio, Andrew Jackson Jihad, This Bike Is a Pipe Bomb, are all pretty much excellent fucking bands

BrittanyTheBananarchist

Reaction score
theres a band called Reverend peytons big damn band. includes banjo and washboard and some other neat instruments very folk like kinda punky they play in eugene all the time. i def have to go with ghost mice, defience ohio, spoon boy,Ryan Harvey, mischeif brew,Erik peterson(frommischief brew) he has some solo shit. this bike is a pipe bomb,chumbawamba. damni cant think of a bunch right now. wish i had my mp3 with me. umm but ya check those out most of those had already been mentioned but its another opinion on how good they are.

Reaction score
I'm not sure what's been suggested already, but I'm going to have to go through this thread - I'm in need of some new folk punk bands to check out

I've been listening to a lot of the same few bands lately - Mischief Brew, Wingnut Dishwashers Union/Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains, This Bike is a Pipe Bomb, and a bit of Andrew Jackson Jihad

Reactions: nomad89

simpletoremember

Reaction score
Second star to the right and straight on till morn
Website
myspace.com
Not really folk punk... but still really good. Hank III, Hillstomp, The .357 String Band, Larry and His Flask

Reactions: BobbinGoblin

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads