Generic Allusion to my Situation

NeonMimic

Reaction score
Hey so I just recently got out of the Army and back from being stationed in South Korea. So for now I've just been roaming from couch to couch just chilling and smoking pot. I stumbled into this forum and saw the festival video and the Anarchist's Guide to Travel (which I bought.) and am now like "Wow I've always wanted to try hitchhiking, and Slab city looks like a cool place to see. Also I'm tired of just sitting around waiting for school to start."

So yeah that's the story, only problem is the weather sucks and I have no idea what I'm doing. But I figure I'll figure that much out on the way.

D

Deleted member 20

sorry I am a jarhead & dont speak army mos's that well. Geospatial imagery huh? It should prepare you for using google/satellite images to figure shit out as far as train yards & hitchhiking on ramps etc. I think you wont need the rifle cleaning kit.

Perhaps while you digest the book & absorb stuff on the website you can get some more gear together. Thanksgiving is a huge travel holiday so you may be able to line up a long distance rideshare on craigslist to somewhere south then get your way west if that is your plan. I use megabus too to get trips started during the winter to get towards warmer states.

Welcome to STP. feel free to hit me up in PM if you cant figure something out on the site & or from the book. I am a treasure trove of untapped (almost useless) traveling info.

Jerrell

Reaction score
Hey man welcome! I was an expeditionary navy type.

I haven't done any of the train hopping and don't know anything about sleeping on cardboard in parks. I do know that the military has taught us to adapt and survive. Our motto in Iraq was "Semper Gumby" and I always keep that in mind when I'm out there wandering and exploring. I'm confident you'll figure it out as it comes.

Good luck in your travels!

Reactions: NeonMimic

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads