Barter / Trade Free Shit Wanted Gearless and Fearless! (1 Viewer)

Rhubarb Dwyer

Fragrant Vagrant
Current Location
Divine Providence
UPDATE: Bibs, Boots, Knife are heading my way! Thanks, @Juan Derlust

S.O.S....

I recently lost my pack and all my gear. I am starting back from scratch, rebuilding from the pack up.

As I move along from South Florida to New England, I would love to collect your unwanted items. So, if you are en route let me know. I will do my best to scrounge things up, but this might be a fun way to meet some of y'all.

I am open to bartering, but I don't have anything material. I have plenty of time, labor, and self-worth I am willing to part with.

Needs:

Hiking pack
Sleeping bag
Tarp
Knife

Wants:

Camping pad
Bivy
Boots(M 7-9)
Headlamp
Heavy Duty Overalls
Day pack

Paracord/Bungees/Stakes
Camp Stove
USB Power bank

Bonus:
An old Netbook/Mini Laptop
Old Smartphone for wi-fi
Scanner
Hovercraft
Talking Dog

Thanks!

Last edited:
We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

Older Than Dirt

Wanderer
Current Location
Upstate
I can give you a lot of that stuff free; i have enjoyed your posts here. Have a ton of camping shit and jesus do i own knives.

I live about 90 miles north of NYC, which isn't too far out of your way depending where in New England you are going. i am also pretty familiar with New England and may have useful advice.

PM me; i will be away the last 2 weeks of August, but can probably get my dog-sitter to hook you up if you absolutely need to pass through then. But would be down to hang out and you can crash if before or after.

OP
Rhubarb Dwyer

Rhubarb Dwyer

Fragrant Vagrant
Current Location
Divine Providence
Boots between sizes 7 and 9...the fuck kinda shapeshifting wizardry is this?
For real...depending on the type/brand, I have had everything in that range and more. ...9.5 tennis shoes at the moment.

I verified a couple years ago that my feet are 1.5 sizes different, due to a lifetime of shapeshifting wizardry.

SlankyLanky

stp user voted "the friendliest mod"
Staff member
Current Location
richmond virginia, the east coasts portland.
For real...depending on the type/brand, I have had everything in that range and more. ...9.5 tennis shoes at the moment.

I verified a couple years ago that my feet are 1.5 sizes different, due to a lifetime of shapeshifting wizardry.
that sounds awful. The hoove difference, not the wizardry, that's pretty dope.

Older Than Dirt

Wanderer
Current Location
Upstate
@Rhubarb Dwyer Sounds good and safe travels til you get up to civilization, see the recent "Best/Worst states" thread for my views on the south vs. New England. Short version: you are going in the right direction.

Older Than Dirt

Wanderer
Current Location
Upstate
You seem like an experienced traveler, but like you mostly spend your time in the south, so just in case you don't know- plan your route to avoid spending time in the Hellhole And Zone Of Pestilence known as "New Jersey".

Pretty much anything anyone who hangs here would consider worth doing is illegal, and enforced by cops that think Adam 12 is a recent documentary

Hitchhiking is very illegal, and i would not be surprised if they have the death penalty for getting caught on railroad property. i actually have no idea about this; i do know NY has pretty severe railroad trespass laws, so be careful getting off any trains around Newburgh when you come to visit me.

Juan Derlust

Resident itinerant paradoxymoron
StP Supporter
Current Location
in medias res
@Rhubarb Dwyer can I ask what happened or would you rather not relive it? & if you got a mailing address, I got a spare knife, pair of boots, maybe a pair of bibs I can send you

*all pre-owned, except the knife - my knife collector brother keeps giving me knives for my birthday... The bibs are black Roundhouse, double patch front legs - you might need to tailor them

all you gotta do is post video or stills from your one on one boof lesson with @Lithium21 - kidding

& if none of it fits you can trade for what you can get

Last edited:

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
how are you getting stuff sent to you? general delivery? im also curious what happened, pm me if you want. do you have a backpack yet? i have a really nice osprey farpoint 40 you can have. i can probably ship it out on monday.

Coywolf

Mastering the Art of Houselessness
Current Location
Utah
Website
www.youtube.com
Suh bruh! I havent heard from you in forever! What the fuck happened? PM me, I have a USMC bivy for you if you want it. How you receiving stuff?

Maxnomad

Current Location
San Luis Obispo
Wish I had a more useful contribution but try the craigslist's in ski towns for gear, and military towns for boots. I saw a 30° down marmot bag for 30 bucks recently, and some belleville boots for 15.

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
@Matt Derrick
That's a dope pack. I really felt it was time to downsize from an 85 anyway!
Wow and I thought my 70 was big. Is the 40 gonna be too small? I need a 70 for all the crap I carry.

It's practically brand new, tried to fit my life into a 40 and just couldn't do it. So it's just been sitting in my trunk ever since.

OP
Rhubarb Dwyer

Rhubarb Dwyer

Fragrant Vagrant
Current Location
Divine Providence
Wow and I thought my 70 was big. Is the 40 gonna be too small? I need a 70 for all the crap I carry.

It's practically brand new, tried to fit my life into a 40 and just couldn't do it. So it's just been sitting in my trunk ever since.
It will honestly take some adjusting. But i think that is for the better. I found that the bigger my pack, the more i decided i need, which became pretty burdensome after a while.
I enjoy walking long distance when i need to. Even as lightweight as i could get my last one down to, i couldn't carry it more than 6-8 mi before i was in severe pain. Also...now that trains have become my preferred transport, i'm thrilled about reducing my cargo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$15.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $15.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $15.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $15.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $15.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Wowzers I'm glad I was off the site for the duration of The Pronoun Thread, as it's been titled. Holy shit. I know for a fact I would have gotten sucked into it and I'm not sure if that would've been a good thing lol
48 hours from HELL, lost thirteen hundred dollars, thats a fuckload on a pension! lost two ducks to the heat, the key for teh vespa is goign to cost an unbelievable amount says the cheerful vespa mechanic,and i need two new tyres, a new belt and rollersaswell! the generator died, wake up, the dogs cold and dead besides me and for the icing on the cake, lost my fucking bankcard and the bank tellers was a twat to me!!!ANYONE nearby bring booze and cigs and cheer!!!!FARRRKKKKKKK
On the side of the road 8 miles from Paint Rock, TX
Anyone have tips for cool chill spots dwntwn jacksonville,
Heading up to NYC soon. Gotta start from scratch again and been getting the itch to go somewhere anyways.
Almost to Jax anyone about?
Cinderella castle would make a damn good apocalypse house
A Simple Step Van wrote on snailormoon's profile.
Welcome to the site. Whattaya mean when you say you work with native Californian wildlife? Like, do you get paid for it or is it sarcasm? Curious am I. ~ peace
In the Pcola headed east to Jax then juicing to Salem for halloween
NEW BIBS FUCK YEAH!!

Staff online