G20 Meetings in Pittsburgh, Two Months After Crimethinc Convergence | Squat the Planet

G20 Meetings in Pittsburgh, Two Months After Crimethinc Convergence

Reaction score

spoorprint

Reaction score
OK, quick review. The G-20 is a summit of economics ministers from 19 of the most powerful developed and developing nations, counting together for 90% of global gnp.
the "20th" member is the European Union.The International Monetary Fund, bank of last resort for broke countries (and infamous for telling people they have to cut social programs)
is also represented.They're going to discuss how to save global capitalism.

So there are a lot of protests are planned.Pittsburgh people met to discuss an anti-authoritarian response this weekend.
Last week the anti-war National Assembly decided to Make G-20 their focus as well.
There is supposed to be a big labor contingent organizing.

So stay tune, and plan to turn out for this. Pittsburgh Organizing Group

Mari3L

Reaction score
It would be nice to see a mixture of groups turn out for the summit as was common place in the mid to late 90's. This should be sticky'd some where or multiple places on the forum so people in the area that are interested in going can network a little bit and meet up with others.(and I know this is not a political forum) This also eliminates the need for people to network with groups all the way in Pittsburgh. I live in Philly. Maybe this demonstration will start to revitalize the left?

Meck

Reaction score
Me and my wife are hitch hiking from phoenix,az to the g20 in Pittsburgh, I'll be bringing my banner, and all my "tools" for this protest. I've been networking with Pittsburgh g20 resistance project for housing and so on. Anyone else going to be there or plan on traveling there?

Meck

Reaction score
Cool Lovely acorns where are you right now and where you gonna be around september? Maybe we can meet up along the way or something.

LovelyAcorns

Reaction score
Cool Lovely acorns where are you right now and where you gonna be around september? Maybe we can meet up along the way or something.

I'm up in Michigan. I'm pretty sure we'd be heading from seperate directions?

Gypsybones

Reaction score
Website
highonwheels.tumblr.com
hey folks I just move back to the burgh from nola (dont ask why) and have a nice place on the south side and I'm willing to host some heads. (maybe)
rules are no junky's period.

if you want to crash just drop a line, we'll meet up and I'll make a ruling on character.
ether way I will find a place for yah all.
I used to be on couchsurfers.com but got the boot for headbutting some polish jaggoff for talking shit and starting a fight in Ireland. (good story though)

I'm a great host but I am one of those liberal gun nuts ;) so like I said no junkys

M

Monkeywrench

I've been emailing several mass housing spaces in Pburgh about a place to stay. I'm heading up from DC/NorthernVA if anyone wants to ride along--hit me up. xxx

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads