Fundraising Ideas (1 Viewer)

xbocax

Lurker
Hometown
818 SFV
So what are some good ways to fund raise? Im trying to throw an event and need ideas. So far i have shows, bake sales, and garage sales. any other good ones you've heard about or tried?

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!
OP
xbocax

xbocax

Lurker
Hometown
818 SFV
I am trying to raise money for a gathering/picnic i am throwing. At the picnic I am going to have games,prizes, and food. Everything will be free which is why i need some funds to make it free. The aim of the picnic is to bring like minded individuals together that want to see or bring certain changes within the community. I hope the conclusion to be that People will make contacts and collaborate in order to create programs, small business', co-ops and or non-profits. I need the money for small things such as utensils, art supplies, and maybe a couple more prizes. Im having food not bombs serve so i dont need to spend much on food and im having a couple of the bigger prizes donated by local small business', co-ops , and non-profits.

macks

Ballsy Adventurer
Website
macksemil.wordpress.com
You know, people (especially younger ones) eat up cool slogans/designs involving their city's name. If you made a cool design or funny saying with your city's name on it and screenprinted some T-shirts I bet you could get people to buy them for a couple bucks profit. My advice here is sell them as cheap as you can so more people will buy them, it will pay off in the end because people will wear the shirts and that's like free advertising! (also why every clothing brand puts their name on EVERY ITEM)

steelcitybrew

Lurker
Hometown
Vancouver BC
Macks is right
My buddy here in hamilton made some "Defend Hamilton" shirts which had an AK-47 or some shit on it to pay for legal fees.
He made bank selling them at shows and shit.

Ive seen that "Defend ________" shirts a couple times on ebay too, Seems to be a solid idea.

EDIT: found a picture

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$150.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $150.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

can't believe my crazy plan worked.
Junk train crew fasho, this time around.
One after the other.. fuggit, always happy to be making miles. Esspecially in the desired direction.

Happy trails, all!
sold my prius for just under 4k, and now i am just a few weeks away from buying a school bus!
I work on an egg farm at the moment. I'm interested in developing self sufficiency to maintain autonomy in a world that appears to me to becoming more managed and controlled in an authoritarian way. I play music and read a bit. Always interested in learning something new.
Just found a nice little selection of Cory Doctorow books at a library in San Antonio 👌
Chicago street musician feel like we are becoming dinosaurs
im not liking it where I live, freaking cockroaches :( kinda still cold for me, but I rather live in a diy shelter in the woods right now :)
When is the fucking rain gonna finally end? Bloody hell!
man, some days it hits me a little harder than others how special this community is