From the UK to Vegas? Possibly | Squat the Planet

From the UK to Vegas? Possibly

Lenevethehobo

Reaction score
Hey everybody, I'm just looking for some information and help :)

I apologize if I haven't posted this in the right section.

I've been tramping around the uk and parts of Europe for a long while now. I've lived in squats and slept rough for as long as I can remember lol I'm thinking of heading to the u.s towards the end of this year and I'm going to try and meet people and make friends and just see what happens. I don't know how long I can legally stay but I'm going to try and stay for as long as I can. Might even be lucky enough to score a green card some way some how ha

I went to Vegas once and I remember where the train tracks are so I'm thinking that you know, it's kind of familiar in an unfamiliar place. Kinda gives me a small head start. Plus it's hot, so I can pack less and perhaps pick stuff up along the way.

Is it hard to catch out from Vegas? I'm thinking of heading towards California cos I know some people in LA and San Fran.

Any advice would be super cool and appreciated :)

Feel free to inbox me if you like?

LeNeve

Reactions: Mazilee

VikingAdventurer

Guardian of the Knowledge of the Wastes
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Welcome to StP!

I personally don't know much about Vegas in general, or the rail lines that go through there, but I'll bet there's someone on here who does!

The search feature is super handy, I would suggest to start there.

Safe travels! ::drinkingbuddy::

EDIT: If you're gonna be here before the end of October, you should definitely try to hit up the Dirty Scouts Jamboree!

https://squattheplanet.com/threads/official-jamboree-information-for-2017.31057/

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
What time of year do you plan to make your trip? Because going through the Mojave in the middle of the summer is brutal and also dangerous if you're not used to that kind of environment. Carry lots of water on ya is my best advice.

Welcome to StP.

• Useful
Reactions: VikingAdventurer

Lenevethehobo

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Cheers for replying. I'll try that search bar, sorry I'm still trying to work this site out. I don't use computers all that often :)

And I'm not 100% when I'll be there but it'll probably be towards the end of the year. I can't see it being super soon, but definitely or at least hopefully it'll be by then

DIY Nihilism

Reaction score
Oh hey!

I'm also in the UK!

The best piece of advice i can offer is trying to get hold of a CCG (I've got a copy, but not too sure it's my place to be giving it out with not actually being from over there or riding freight, only got sent one because of a long time pen pal).

Theres a few facebook groups that are great for finding advice on where to start out, especially in America, but here also seems pretty darn good!

Recent member so i'm not too sure on posting urls advertising other pages and sites till i've read over the rules, but if it's allowed then i shall post them in here once i do know. Failing that, send me a PM if you want the links to them.

Wishing you good luck and safe travels with your plan!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads