From Baltimore to Syracuse

Bongo

Reaction score
hey there i was wondering if any one would be interested in going to Syracuse New York or could help me out in any way as to how to get there. i want to hop trains there but will hitch if need be. never done either one. it would be a short trip i just want to visit a friend for free. so any help at all would be great

many thanks and happy trails

Beegod Santana

Reaction score
Hopping is possible, but if you don't know what you're doing I really wouldn't recommend it. You're much more likely to end up somewhere other than Syracuse. I would suggest the 95n - 90e. You could probably craigslist most of the route and only have to hitch a little bit.

anost

Reaction score
If you've never hopped trains before I also wouldn't recommend trying to get the Syracuse that way.

anost

Reaction score
However, as a former Marylander who lives in New York state. I would recommend I-83 (North from Baltimore) up to Harrisburg and then over to I-81 (headed North towards Binghamton Ny,) straight up to Syracuse. It's way more direct.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads