Hello everyone. | Squat the Planet

Hello everyone.

Female Snail

Reaction score
I am new to this site. I am posting this to introduce myself. I have wanderlust but am very poor. I own a car but gas is expensive. I am a college student and just quit my job yesterday. I am also about to be on summer vacation. I have traveled some (by "normal" means) but I know that there is so much more out there to see. I began thinking to myself about way to travel for cheap or even free when it dawned on me that I heard a story that an ex girlfriend of mine had train hopped the United States and figured that if she could do it, then so can I. I just need some guidance and preferably a person to show me the ropes, hands on.

Right now my current situation is that I live in Miami and my Dad lives in South Texas. I recently found out about a week ago that he has been having fluid build up in his lungs and they don't know what's wrong yet. My grandmother makes it seem like his chances of survival are slim. I would like to go visit him for a one last time thing. I am going to college for Funeral Science, and as I stated before, I just quit my job at a funeral home so I am not new to death, but I understand the psychological effects that a loss can play on you and I think it would be healthiest for me to see him in the event that he did "pass".

I would definitely like to utilize the given information and experience in not only getting me to south Texas but for future endeavors so that I may be able to travel for free, and figure out where I might want to move officially, once I finish college and get my degree.

I have basic knowledge with wilderness survival and I am fairly confident that I would not be too much of a weight to carry as I can live quite uncomfortably if I have to. I would say my biggest downfall is my appetite, LOL.

Thanks in advance,
Blake.

autumn

Lurker
Reaction score
Welcome to the board. There's a lot of experienced hoppers here, maybe there's one in your area. I wouldn't even bother trying to hitch out of Miami, everyone in Florida is a selfish cunt.

Reactions: janktoaster

Female Snail

Reaction score
Welcome to the board. There's a lot of experienced hoppers here, maybe there's one in your area. I wouldn't even bother trying to hitch out of Miami, everyone in Florida is a selfish cunt.
Haha, tell me about it. It's a dog eat dog world over here. I kind of figured that Miami wouldn't be a really good place to hop anyways. South Florida tends to lack a lot, so I'm used to it.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads