Freight train riders movie | Squat the Planet

Freight train riders movie

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
your in baton rouge? just take a trip to new orleans and hangout in the french quater. probably some of the most train riders per capita there. it shouldnt be that hard

Reactions: New York Jake Smith

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
ill give you a few pointers. keep your camera away at 1st. go up and genuinely talk to them. offer them some food, a lil money and or beer and smokes and you might have yourself some footage or interviews for your video

Reactions: Matt Derrick
W

Wraith

Aren't there enough train videos on Youtube? Call me old fashion but if you are fascinated by the people and the life of freight train riders respect there lifestyle and don't make the video. A harmless film from "someone looking in" generates awareness to those who might not know the way of life existed. Then enters those who romanticize, but do not fully understand. The more kids getting pulled off or worse is all making that lifestyle harder; all because they saw a cool train video on Youtube.

Hope I didn't come off like a jerk, just have strong feelings about it. Stay safe.

W

Wraith

When I said Youtube video it was meant sarcastically. Every year there is someone making a hobo living, train hopping, etc movie. Everyone wants to tell the story of the train rider, or hobo living free on the rails. But you can't tell these stories through a "movie" at least not the way they should be told. These stories that are "lived to be told" are best told around a campfire passing around a spacebag. I guess its just the way it is now, it is commonplace to see it on local media or the internet nearly every week.

Anyway, goodluck. Maybe drop a link to the video here when its all done. Stay safe.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads