Freight hop out of Massachussetts?

dontpanic

Vagabond
Current Location
On The Path
sorry my masshole was showing. Start in Worchester. keep going west until you hit ocean. riding out east can be kinda hairy and if you are green and alone you are going to get pretty frustrated. not that it cant be done but I suggest you start on the west coast. you can hitch out in over a couple of weeks and to be honest you will likely get out there faster by thumb if you aint with the business on the rails. good luck

Placebo

Lurker
Current Location
CT
Trying to ride the rails out to the west coast from Ma. Starting point
My recommendation is south outta philly to Jacksonville. Then west. Might do some such myself. Will let u know if so. Bus to philly probably cheap. In mass myself n plannin on leavin hibernation soon now its getttin warm n im gettin my gear together

OP
BART furniture
Current Location
Boston Massachusetts
My recommendation is south outta philly to Jacksonville. Then west. Might do some such myself. Will let u know if so. Bus to philly probably cheap. In mass myself n plannin on leavin hibernation soon now its getttin warm n im gettin my gear together
Im ready man i have got my gear all packed i just need a route , i would feel way more comfortable traveling with a road dawg honestly. let me know friend

Similar threads

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

Donate to StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$35.00
Goal
$50.00

Latest Status Updates

last night got spare-change'd by someone with a crackstem in the same outstretched hand they wanted a coin in
Hittin the I-5 S. Union pacfic in a couple days. Hmu if anyones down the line an wants to smoke a joint an talk.
A digi-nomad's life for me?
Met a super sweet old traveler girl yesterday been off the road 6 months. So stoked on life right now
Amtrak crew change. Hiding from the bull
Got a new bicycle today! I feel so much better
Hitched from Ft. Collins, CO to Laramie, WY in three rides and an hour and a half. Today’s a good day.
Ahh. Camping out next to the Interstate in the NM desert. With Cinnabons, a giant Coke, and $20 kicked down to me today. I got 4 rides which got me 100 miles. And they were all amazing people... one guy gave me a business card which was about spreading love and that was so fucking positive. Then I got picked up by a really old Mexican couple. I am still so homesick, yet so happy and exhilarated

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Threads in last 24 hours
Messages in last 24 hours
Members in last 30 days
Latest member
Buffaloface