Free Squatrod in LA

General Semantics

Reaction score
Hello friends

As an intro to this wonderful community I'd like to offer up my old van-friend called Ruben. I recently left LA after being stuck there for almost a decade. Got my squatting and anarcho roots there. I haven't paid rent since 2013 after reading that's what Noam Chomsky did.

I stayed in this van for ~4 years. It's a 2001 Chevy Astro. It runs, but it needs an initial jump and thermostat and radiator flush if you want to take it on the highway because it overheats. Other than that, you won't get shit for tags until next year, so if you don't want to fix it you can still scoot around for a while if you play it smart and find some safe spots to park. Whoever needs it just head to the Vedanta Society tucked up in the Hollywood Hills near the bowl and say, "I'm looking for Jñana" and you get the title and key. Hindu temples are fantastic squats, not gonna lie. Shiva Shiva, Om.

Now I'm up and down the East Coast for a while. I'm working on liberation tech, I will teach anyone interested GNU/Linux, net/info security, and offline / mesh networking for budding fringe communities. I want to meet people interested in adverse possessing, occupying abandoned lands, houses, and stores, and general vagabondry as well as building dual power through coops and crypto. Eventually I want to head to slabs at some point because I love the desert but I've had my fair share of CA and I want to start my own library, shrine/chapel, syndicate HQ or whatever somewhere else first because reasons. Please hit me up for any reason ever. I believe in free food/shelter/clothing/weed/everything which is abundant wherever I wander and I need to be around people with face tattoos, dreads, and canines or else I'll die. Thank you.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I'm working on liberation tech, I will teach anyone interested GNU/Linux, net/info security, and offline / mesh networking for budding fringe communities.

That sounds cool, I'd be interested in hearing more about that. My plate is a bit full right now with StP stuff but maybe we could network somehow.

Bedheadred

Reaction score
Where on the east coast are you? There's about to be a gathering in Vermont that starts on friday and there will probably be people interested in what you are talking about. I am also planning on starting/joining a fringe community.

General Semantics

Reaction score
Just to update I got one person looking to snag the van, but they're 40 miles outside the city. Ideall I'd like to see someone who's on the streets in the heat of it all to hop in that metal casing and use it there. C'est la vie tho.

That sounds cool, I'd be interested in hearing more about that. My plate is a bit full right now with StP stuff but maybe we could network somehow.
Yeah my friend. Keep doin' your thing, the best way to communicate this info has to be done in person in whispers with the cell phones in the microwave snowden style, so best to keep it vague unless I feel like we're both on secure boxes.

Where on the east coast are you? There's about to be a gathering in Vermont that starts on friday and there will probably be people interested in what you are talking about. I am also planning on starting/joining a fringe community.
Thank you for telling me about this, I really wish I could get up there, but I'm hanging out around Philthydelphia at the moment. The city and the surrounding area is a squatter's paradise compared to LA. So much abandoned land and houses, it's wild. I'll probably 'hol up here / Bmore until I find a clique I can roll with and/or seize the means & conquer bread. But I am mobile and can get around quite a bit. Let me know how that goes & if anyone seems techy or squatty or devoutly religious send them my way.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads