1. Not like it changes anything, but we are obligated to inform you that we are using cookies - so, we just did. Learn More.
  2. Hey you! Yeah, we see you there, lurking! Well, this notice is just to let you know that there's several sections of the website that are available to members only! You're missing out on a lot of stuff by not signing up for an account! It's free, so what have you got to lose?
    Dismiss Notice

Free gas for life!

Discussion in 'Making A Living' started by Spirit Freeman, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick StP Founder, Admin, and travel addict
    Staff Member Admin

Featured Threads:
    Achievements:
    Professional Adventurer
    Address:
    Slab City, CA, United States
    View on map:
    My Website(s):
    Ratings:
    +7,965 / -50
    If you think StP represents or supports spanging for those that don't need it then you've vastly misinterpreted this community.

So, instead, you choose to live off the poor/middle class' gas money to fund oil companies starting wars all around the planet? I'm sorry but you have clearly not thought your own personal morals through very well.

And you do this to spread the word of your 'raptivism'? What a fucking joke. You sound like an entitled trustafarian desperately trying to justify their lifestyle.

You CAN work, but you choose not to. Stop lying to yourself and take some personal responsibility. The same way you choose to depend on people's kindness to support your lifestyle (and the gas companies) instead of doing something that actually takes effort, like riding a bike.

You seriously need to reevaluate your life my friend.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Spirit Freeman

Spirit Freeman Appreciated Participator
    StP Supporter

Achievements:
    Traveling to Change the World
    Address:
    Babylon, NY, United States
    View on map:
    My Website(s):
    Ratings:
    +68 / -0
    While I still feel like I am being misunderstood in many ways I will admit my wrong I'm the way I titled this. I see that it can be seen to imply the taking advantage of others. For this I apologize. And yes I have been dishonest with people who have helped me with gas. So from here on I am making the commitment to always be absolutely honest with all who choose to help. I appreciate the constructive criticism and I hope to keep a positive image with the ones reading these posts. I truly did not mean harm and my defensiveness may have made me seem less rational.

I truly do care about nothing more than I do about Spirituality and Revolution. Let this be a learning lesson and I will continue improving myself.

-Spirit
    Anarchy/Revolution/Unity/Freedom

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. creature

creature Completely Addicted
    Lifetime Supporter

Achievements:
    good question.
    Address:
    Santa Cruz, NM, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +1,652 / -18
    cool, man..

yah "free gas for life!" may actually been intended as a celebratory announcement about how the kindness of others empowers all parties to the transaction, but as matt observes, a lot, if not most of it comes from the working poor/middle class..

that shit is not free..

oil is blood in more ways than one..

you know, $10 bucks in gas can represent a person working as much as an hour & 1/2 a shitty job, to help you out.. typically it represents about an hour of labor.

that work that you are given.. that yoga.. is something to be revered..
    not just happy for, but an obligation for you to return it, *no matter how freely it is given*

all kindness is work.
    even when we are kind when we are playing, kindness is work.

"Datta, Dayadvam, Damyata..."

sometimes returning the work of others with work of your own is *not* working..

to place peace into existence by being ready..

the readiness, though, must be truth..

all whom love are a kind of soldier..
    a kind of Weapon..

to be ready justifies what we are given, or what it takes to build us..

i do not know hindi, at all.. nor the vedas, nor the upanishads, nor the mahābhārata, but if karma is action, and if krishna sanctified battle, with all the sorrow of the holiness he held, then are we not to be prepared if called to the same?

it is not joy.

all beings suffer, and it is through suffering that we know the common state of life.

only fools desire a joy greater than their sorrow, and if i have spoken harshly to you, i ask you to forgive me, but i speak to you in love.

joy by itself is as powerless as mere despair.

bind them together, and it cannot be spoken.

die.

if all is illusion, then stop fucking thinking.

stop dreaming.

work.

earn your joy.

take your fucking hits, & bless whatever the fuck it is that gave them to you.

& fight.

take joy in kindness

& fight.

• Like Like x 5
  4. benton

benton Appreciated Participator

Achievements:
    Address:
    Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +36 / -0
    We cannot convince anyone of anything.

They are either convinced, or they aren't.
    We cannot escape the consequences of our actions.

Those who travel and conduct themselves properly reap what they sow. Period.

I have traveled extensively and have NEVER encountered difficulty or hardship that I didn't bring upon myself.

99% of my hitchhiking rides are awesome. This is no accident.

When I have a car I pick up EVERYONE.

When I have access.to an apartment I offer travelers a shower. When I have extra good I find people to give it to.

I don't do this for accolades or to view myself favorably. I do it because it's how I get the good stuff to come my way.

I fly signs because I don't want to bother people. I give money to sign fliers because I want people to give me money.

I help every person that I see who is in need. I've directed traffic after.car accidents. I've helped people push their stalled vehicles off the road. And on and on. And surprise surprise, when I really NEED something, it magically shows up.

Be however you want to be. Realize that whatever you experience each day is solely the result of YOUR ACTIONS. If you vote for a miserable life with your actions, you will have a miserable life.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Coywolf

Coywolf Sir Drinks-A-Lot
    StP Supporter

Achievements:
    Public land activist
    Address:
    Bend, OR, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +718 / -14
    I could not agreen with you more, @creature

That post was a breath of fresh air in this overwhelming cloud of pollution.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Coywolf

Coywolf Sir Drinks-A-Lot
    StP Supporter

Achievements:
    Public land activist
    Address:
    Bend, OR, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +718 / -14
    You have got to be kidding me.

So "love thy neighbor" and "do not kill" are not concrete, huh?

I trust no one who tells me there are no concrete morals..

Watch out for this guy, StP...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Coywolf

Coywolf Sir Drinks-A-Lot
    StP Supporter

Achievements:
    Public land activist
    Address:
    Bend, OR, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +718 / -14
    "Bro"

"your" lifestyle fucks up traveling for the rest of us.

Give respect where is is deserved, and pay it forward. Travelling is one giant exercise In Karma.

8. OP
    OP
    Spirit Freeman

StP Supporter

Achievements:
    Address:
    View on map:
    My Website(s):
    Ratings:
    +68 / -0
    You are not understanding what I mean. When I say Morals are fluid it means that certain circumstances change what may be defined as right or wrong. To use the examples you quoted. "Do not kill" I assume is a reference to the commandments of Moses. So please read the book itself to see how much "Yahweh" condoned killing of non Isrealites. In self defense would you kill somebody? Would that then be wrong? No. So "Thou shalt not kill" is fluid. I advocate for complete awareness of how our actions cause suffering and then changing our behaviors in order to reduce or remove the suffering that we as individuals cause. And then it becomes obligatory on that person to also spread this awareness to others. And All is Love. But the definition most have of the word Love is inconsistent with what Love truly is.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. OP
    OP
    Spirit Freeman

StP Supporter

Achievements:
    Address:
    View on map:
    My Website(s):
    Ratings:
    +68 / -0
    I would like to ask all of you Moral individuals how your daily life is? What makes you so righteous? Do you contribute to genocide? Do you contribute to mass torture and slaughter of innocent animals? Do you bow down to police? Do you keep your mouth shut while the world goes to shit and secretive fucking people are seeking to control and brainwash all of us? Really? My entire life is about making this world a better place. And it is not for my benefit. I expect to die in this. I stand for what I know to be true regardless of possible consequences or death. What the fuck are you doing? This only applies to those who want to be so god damn critical. Look at yourself you fucking hypocritical morons. What do you know? What have you studied? Where is your knowledge? At the beginning and end of it all we are all the same consciousness experiencing life through an infinite array of viewpoints, but shit, sometimes it is difficult trying to get people out of the cave of illusion. I can never stop though. My life would then become meaningless. So although this was an angry rant I still accept all of you.

10. angerisagift

angerisagift Sir Posts a Lot

Achievements:
    Address:
    Greeley, CO, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +439 / -25
    Preach

• Like Like x 1
  11. Coywolf

Coywolf Sir Drinks-A-Lot
    StP Supporter

Achievements:
    Public land activist
    Address:
    Bend, OR, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +718 / -14
    Please, go back and read your last post, and TELL me you cannot hear the pretentiouses behind it.

Everyone does what they can to make the world a better place in their own respect. And if anyone does not, they are wasting space.

The difference between you and most other people, is that they don't BRAG about what they do.

No one is trying to single you out, man, it is just that alot of the things you are talking about sound ridiculous to the average person.

Thank you for your effort in making the world a better place, we all appreciate it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Time4Change

Time4Change is getting to know the place

Achievements:
    Address:
    Hayward, CA, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +4 / -0
    AMEN Creature, I feel pretty disgusted by this type of manipulation as well. I love to help people and give what I can but it's people like this who put on an act and manipulate people to get whatever freebies they can that sadly make me a bit guarded and less inclined to help people anymore. Seen way to many people brag about how they put on an act to get pity and have people give them free stuff. I've seen it many times where people with good hearts will give money to people panhandling who end up just buying beer or drugs when the person giving them money is actually making less then them and struggling just as much. Really unfortunate when people feel entitled to having others feed/clothe/ and supply necessities - as well as give them money for beer and drugs. Like ohhh I'm sooo broke and helpless (because I don't want to work or put in effort) so you should give me your hard earned money since you're busting your ass making a living and spending your money wisely so that you still have money to live on.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    #32 Time4Change, Oct 8, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  13. angerisagift

angerisagift Sir Posts a Lot

Achievements:
    Address:
    Greeley, CO, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +439 / -25
    . PREACH

14. wanderlovejosh

wanderlovejosh Appreciated Participator

Achievements:
    Address:
    Hebron, OH, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +115 / -0
    I don’t know you but....
    Lol

Check me out on YouTube

Check me out on YouTube

YouTube has nothing to do with showing someone’s character. YouTube is entertainment, so 80% of the people are on there reaching for fame. Not saying your are, but I wouldn’t use it to try to back who you are as a person.

• Like Like x 1
  15. moonwalker

moonwalker Celebrated Poster

Achievements:
    n/a
    Address:
    Show Low, AZ, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +138 / -0
    I fly work signs.

I give my change to the poor.

I donate to those in need.

I share.

you think you're righteous and you advertise a fucking YouTube channel?

when, if ever, you monetized that, you owe it to the world to give, because sounds like you've done a lot of taking.

16. OP
    OP
    Spirit Freeman

StP Supporter

Achievements:
    Address:
    View on map:
    My Website(s):
    Ratings:
    +68 / -0
    Literally everyone on here has made the most negative assumptions. Everything I own fits in a bookbag. I give to other sign flyers anytime I have money. I am an activist. This is why I promote my channel. I would never sell my music. I care not for money or fame. If you looked my music up then you would understand this. I also suggested people look up my channel because through my music they can get a better glimpse of my personality. I go to protests/disruptions, I create my own informational pamphlets and pass them out in cities around the country and hold events that I call "Demonstrations of Empowerment". What I do is create signs saying things like " You are Powerful" "Let's Unite and Resist the Time is Now" "Break the Chains of Economic Slavery" and others. I then pass out pamphlets that I create explaining things like the Federal Reserve, Corporations, Taxes, Anarchism, Fluoridated water, and so many other things. I spend most of my time researching these things and much more in order to better explain it to people who don't understand. I do animal rights Activism. I went to standing rock. I create and perform Raptivism with the sole aim of using music to spread awareness. I literally would rather be dead then not help the world. Nothing means more to me then this.

17. OP
    OP
    Spirit Freeman

StP Supporter

Achievements:
    Address:
    View on map:
    My Website(s):
    Ratings:
    +68 / -0
    Refer to my comment above.

18. moonwalker

moonwalker Celebrated Poster

Achievements:
    n/a
    Address:
    Show Low, AZ, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +138 / -0
    mixed feelings, still. dude, it's hard not to agree with @creature, by the time you're done reading his long ass posts, you can't help but agree with him. otherwise, what would all that time be spent for? :D

19. atlastalias

atlastalias I'm a d-bag and got banned.
    Banned

Achievements:
    this and that
    Address:
    New York, NY, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +49 / -15
    Wow everything in life is free so long as you ask others for it. Hey thanks man I got a new motto.