1. Not like it changes anything, but we are obligated to inform you that we are using cookies - so, we just did. Learn More.
  2. If you're new to the world of underground travel, you should check out The Anarchist's Guide to Travel! This 243 page book is a how-2 manual of everything you need to know about exploring the world through hitchhiking, train hopping, bike touring, rubber tramping, sailing, and more! Included in this book are instructions on how to survive on the road (gear, food, money, etc) and answers all of the most common questions we get here on StP in one easy reference. Save yourself hours of searching the forums while still supporting the StP community! Click here for more information!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey you! Yeah, we see you there, lurking! Well, this notice is just to let you know that there's several sections of the website that are available to members only! You're missing out on a lot of stuff by not signing up for an account! It's free, so what have you got to lose?
    Dismiss Notice

Free fridge this time of year

Discussion in 'The Hobo Kitchen' started by mumblz, Dec 4, 2017.

1. mumblz

mumblz is getting to know the place

Achievements:
    varies
    Ratings:
    +17 / -1
    Well with it being cold now, ramen has become a lot more exciting! I can carry eggs and cheese and stuff like that and its persistently refrigerated.

I like to melt some cheese and add nuts to my ramen, maybe drop an egg or two in there right as I take it off the alky stove. I tried carrying sour cream but its just too easy for that shit to get all over the place.[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  2. creature

creature Completely Addicted
    Lifetime Supporter

Achievements:
    good question.
    Address:
    Santa Cruz, NM, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +1,864 / -24
    Found a bunch of really good meatballs..
    Hopefully I can use the damn things before it's too late, but other thanaking my fucking joints creak & making me not wanna crawl outta my bag, yeah..
    Da cold does good for da food : )

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bedheadred

Bedheadred Celebrated Poster

Achievements:
    Ratings:
    +452 / -1
    What kind of nuts? I never would have thought to add nuts but now I really want to try

4. palmazon

palmazon Celebrated Poster

Achievements:
    tribal JUNIOR (at heart, anyway)
    Address:
    La Habra, CA, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +152 / -3
    peanuts walnuts almonds cashews pecans filberts chestnuts coconuts macadamia nuts sunflower seeds pumpkin seeds - whatever you got
    & hats off to mumblz for putting the best spin on Hypothermia Season!
    Stay warm (& safe)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Spider Tempura

Spider Tempura Celebrated Poster

Achievements:
    Address:
    Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +123 / -2
    I like plain peanuts or cashews sometimes in my noodle mad science experiments.

I dont get the free fridge everyone else gets this time of year but at least the broccoli and kale i have out is still producing. Irma fked alot of my wild food up but i found a couple spots that havent been wrecked.

Ive always been a bit of a ramen addict, wayy back to the late 80s. Last night was lazy soupermoon haze ramen, two packs of noodle, hot sauce, ground peanut, bean sprout, broccoli, mushroom and a some "enchanted" honey.

On the trail creeks and streams will keep stuff chilled, the risk is mr bear coming along and swiping ur shit. sucks when mr bear takes your last can o ale.

6. OP
    OP
    mumblz

mumblz is getting to know the place

Achievements:
    varies
    Ratings:
    +17 / -1
    I like just regular old unsalted peanuts but I haven't really tried any other

7. iamwhatiam

iamwhatiam beach bum
    StP Supporter

Featured Threads:
    Achievements:
    seasonal work, aspiring shroomer/wildcrafter
    Address:
    Darrington, WA, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +953 / -12
    I usually snag a bunch of free mayonnaise packets from gas stations/convenient stores to use in place of sour cream. It mixes well with melted cheese for that creamy texture and provides much needed fat for those cold winter days. They make powdered sour cream, but I have yet to try that.

8. Keystone Ice Kid

Keystone Ice Kid is getting to know the place

Achievements:
    Address:
    Littleton, NH, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +11 / -2
    Daisy sour cream has pouches now, might help. Got into a good batch other mexican night, coulda eaten all of it cold like ice cream

9. Odin

Odin ANTISOLIPSIST
    Lifetime Supporter

Featured Threads:
    Achievements:
    Umbra Animus
    My Website(s):
    Ratings:
    +2,510 / -15
    7 elevens have packet of sour cream over here here by the hot dog n nacho condiments... it's a bit conspcious to swipe em but good stuff...

I like dried mushrooms thrown in rament and a carrots n peas...that canned chiken is good too.