Free at last!

Matt Dawg

Alone in the world with a little Matt Dawg!
Reaction score
I'm finally free! Two long years of probation are officially over today! And to top it off, it's also my birthday!

I'm basically in a state of shock right now. These past years all I've been thinking about is traveling, but I wasn't able to thanks to the long dick of the law.. when my probation first started I thought I would never make it; that I'd never be able to finish and start traveling.

I soon became very depressed and even suicidal. I tried to kill myself twice, but luckily I kinda sucked at dying.. And that was only the first 6 months of probation. Nothing but trips to hospitals and psych wards and therapists, complete with 1,000 different brands of anti-depressants.

After a while it became impossible for me to live in such a self-destructive way. So I pulled myself up and started fighting an uphill battle to fix myself. It took a year to do it, but I was able to beat my depression! I finally wanted to live! (All without the help of medication and more doctors, I should add).

So there I was, mentally prepped for the world and ready to go! But I still had 6 months of probation left... So like any good citizen might do, I got a job. I worked hard, got a car and my own place, and became content with my life as it currently was.

Now here I am! Two years past and I came out on top! Now I can finally fucking travel... Happy birthday to me!

I'm taking off to Ohio around the 9th or 10th to see a friend, but after that I haven't got anything planned. I hope to see you all out there :)

Kal

Reaction score
That's just awesome and good for you. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Reactions: Matt Dawg

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Happy Birthday man! Happy for you....enjoy Ohio and safe travels!
welcometoohio.png

Sip

Reaction score
Congrats on your sucesses, 2yrs is huge. I had a six month stint of probation smack through the middle of summer and I never thought I'd make it, so you certianly kick ass.

Happy Bday, mate.

Reactions: Matt Dawg

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Happy Birthday.

I don't know about probation... yet... lol

But glad to hear you have the freedom to move now. Good luck.

Art101

Reaction score
Congrats man,Ive got a year and a half left of 5 and trust me Im ready to be done lol.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads