freaking the fuck out | Squat the Planet

freaking the fuck out

Reaction score
I'm new to the site but been reading some of the stuff on here to help me out.

So I'm married but my husband just randomly up n leaves me says he goin to get ciggs n be right back. Well he never came back n doesn't have a phone so I can't find him anywhere. As Im not already freaking out about that this morning we have to be out of our place n gonna be homeless. I've been homeless before but with him, so obviously different, plus we had a running car. Now we have a van that I get the keys Tuesday and it has a flat tire n needs jumpstarted plus no gas n been sitting for a year so hopefully no issues. I have absolutely no money, n yea ikno money shouldn't be a big issue now but I need money to get the tire n all ya know. I know I sound like Im just bitchin n crying but I'm sitting here looking at all our shit, worried about him, worried about what Im gonna do without money, food etc. I'm in Baltimore so it's still cold n been raining alot lately. If anyone can give me some advice I'd appreciate it.

Reactions: Phuen

fig

Reaction score
it doesn't sound like you're just bitching. it sounds like you're in a really difficult situation. one thing that could possibly help is WWOOF, if you search 'free wwoof' you might be able to find information for farms nearby that you could volunteer at in return for housing and food. it's far from a complete fix, it's something though. workaway and couchsurfing could also help. love, faith, power.

Hobo Mud

Reaction score
Sounds like you’re up the shit creek without a paddle. Certainly, a tough situation, all the advice I can give you is to stay focused on making your situation positive, that can be much easier said than done at times.

If I can make it out here on the streets while traveling and if I am still able to find beauty in this world, then anyone can.

Not sure how much experience you have pertaining to traveling, being nomadic or living out on the streets but I do know and understand how frightening and overwhelming things can feel when situations like this first occur. Most of us started off this way.

Make sure to utilize your surrounding resources, EBT cards, places that offer free food assistance, organizations that offer free shelter, free clothing and help with getting yourself back on your feet if you decided to do so.

There are many resources out there to choose from, might take some effort but it will pay off. I would also suggest staying with people that are positive and give off good vids, one’s state of mind and attitude can make all the difference in how we are feeling in situations such as this.

I wish you nothing but the best on your journey and I hope to hear of success in your future.

Last edited:
D

deleted17310

I suggest checking the county jail inmate search for a lost mate. Has been helpful to former partners of mine in the past. Also a phrase you should become familiar with is "got .38 cents?". Problems seem big and even insurmountable but rest assured, you are a human being, surviving is what we do. Chances are you will find a way to feed yourself today and wake up again tomorrow and figure that out too.

Edward J Cyr

Reaction score
I'm new to the site but been reading some of the stuff on here to help me out.

So I'm married but my husband just randomly up n leaves me says he goin to get ciggs n be right back. Well he never came back n doesn't have a phone so I can't find him anywhere. As Im not already freaking out about that this morning we have to be out of our place n gonna be homeless. I've been homeless before but with him, so obviously different, plus we had a running car. Now we have a van that I get the keys Tuesday and it has a flat tire n needs jumpstarted plus no gas n been sitting for a year so hopefully no issues. I have absolutely no money, n yea ikno money shouldn't be a big issue now but I need money to get the tire n all ya know. I know I sound like Im just bitchin n crying but I'm sitting here looking at all our shit, worried about him, worried about what Im gonna do without money, food etc. I'm in Baltimore so it's still cold n been raining alot lately. If anyone can give me some advice I'd appreciate it.

Apparently you still have internet access, use it to help yourself instead of posting your troubles. Sorry to sound like a jerk, just being real.

• Wow
Reactions: Object

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads