France, Spain, trains, not paying, countryside

E

etpyh

Hey guys,
I`m planing on going from germany to france and spain. I was just wondering if anyone has some rather up to date information on the conductours practice if you don`t pay for your tickets on trains. The hitchwiki suggests that they will just take your personal information and that´s about it. You don´t even have to pay for the fines if you are not a french citizen. Can anyone confirm that? Sounds almost too easy. Informations for spain are appreciated as well.
If you have any suggestions what shouldn´t be missed along the road feel free to tell. I´m not into big cities, squats, punk shows etc. (at least not on this trip) however but more interested in the countryside.
The rough route would be something like Nancy-Paris-Nantes-Toulousse-Marseille-Nancy or Nancy-Paris-Nantes-Bilbao-Madrid-Malaga-Nancy, always staying at the coast as much as possible.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Hey there - I'm putting you in touch with another fairly new member who is in Germany and who has discovered the traveling bug. He will get an alert through this post @Anagor. I don't see an official intro for you (although this is a good thread too - so you might want to put a little something about yourself on there :)) Hopefully you guys can hook up and travel! There may also be some information on some of this - did you try a search here? Have fun both of you!!

Reactions: Anagor
E

etpyh

Yeah I used the search engine and found a few threads, but they were mostly about the bigger cities and squatting/camping there. I don`t really wanna stay in the bigger cities though.
Edit: Anagor actually already contacted me shortly after my post

Last edited:

Anagor

Reaction score
Website
anagortravelling.wordpress.com
If you have any suggestions what shouldn´t be missed along the road feel free to tell. I´m not into big cities, squats, punk shows etc. (at least not on this trip) however but more interested in the countryside.
Just wanna to mention: I never was into squatting. Never thought about it, perhaps the culture is different here in Germany cause of different laws. But I was in a squat in UK and it was really cool. :)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads