Forest Security - Game Cameras

Rolling Blackouts

Reaction score
Whenever I'm setting up a new rural base of operations in the forest, whether it be camping / squatting / or working,I always make it a point to know what types of critter folk are out there lurking around at night. So I've taken to the habit of placing game cameras around my neck of the woods. Here's a couple noteworthy flicks I caught this year using various types of game cameras.
IMG_0089.JPG
Turkey.JPG

Dmac

Reaction score
how much did your cameras cost? 75 - 100$ ?

Rolling Blackouts

Reaction score
The bushnell was about a grand (using it for work) and the Moultrie was $60. The latter being greatly inferior in terms of flash, megapixel, and motion sensor range. Will definitely buy some in the $200 range later this year.

Dmac

Reaction score
Is the flash, an infra red flash? cuz a regular flash, would be fine for game, but would alert any intruders to the cameras presence. I have thought about getting one to keep watch on my stuff, (from theft, etc).

Rolling Blackouts

Reaction score
The higher end cameras seem to have both options, but the low budget ones are just a weak flash. They can both to hard wired like any other surveillance camera as well.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads