• Hey folks, we've recently updated the forum software and are in the middle of getting everything back in place. I hope to have everything back online soon!

Forced indoorsthing

Current Location
Saint Alphonsus Hospital Boise Idaho
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
I’m not much of a wrighter, I have a hard time spelling and a real hard time sitting still. I’ve been on stp since 2011 and have never posted a thread. Never felt like I had time enough... so here I am laying naked in the hospital trauma care facility with 2 broken feet, a broken heel, multiple fractures in my right tibia and fibia awaiting surgery #2 and last but not least I fractured my left elbow. thought I would take advntge of said time to rant online. I haven’t been traveling for a long time now, though living outdoors because I don’t enjoy the confines of walls. I’m a painter living housless in McCall Idaho. Just the other day I walked off scaffolding 2.5 sets high and now have 2 broken feet, an obliterated right ankle my tibia is fractured length wise about six times and I also broke my left elbow. Long story short I can no longer walk, work, or live outside... I’m being forced inside... I’m currently in st alphonsis hospital in Boise Idaho. Worst er I’ve ever been to in my life by the way, the staff genuinely don’t care here.
I’m not entirely sure how Im going to survive this, I do have my mothers house to stay at but feeding myself is going to be tough. I was in McCall Idaho when I got injured and I’m going to Fairfield Idaho to recover... not only am I going to be stationary but jobless unable to dumpster dive walk bike or anything else for that matter, I’ll be fine. Just a scary thught I guess. This banter is rather pointless too.
I gues I’m going to learn how to read... I better practice my wire wrapping ,meditation and that kind of thing I gues.

Koala

sleeps 22 hours a day, eats chutes and leaves
Current Location
Albany NY
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
Damn dude, really sorry to hear that. I hope you heal up well and quick. I've had injuries, never as severe as yours, and the mentality of just keeping yourself busy and learning new skills, reading, etc. was always what ended up getting me through. Best of luck to you, hopefully you can find support and folks to talk to on here too to help pass the time.

Peace,

Juls

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Staff member
Current Location
Rochester, NY
Reactions
99% 0% 0%
Wow - sooooo sorry to hear of this, man I hope you recover soon - but in the meantime yes do your own art, get with the reading - get mentally creative on other crafts and such while you are mostly immobile. Glad you survived - and you will survive this as well. Just hang tight till PT gets you going for the walking and bicycling again. <3

Current Location
Tucson
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Get well..be strong..great time to strengthen your mind as your body heals...you will be better than ever after this...Most of the people on here are the strongest alive..you are one of them..now even more so...

OP
OP
ROADFLOWER
Current Location
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
Get well..be strong..great time to strengthen your mind as your body heals...you will be better than ever after this...Most of the people on here are the strongest alive..you are one of them..now even more so...
Great complement to us all, thank you.

OP
OP
ROADFLOWER
Current Location
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
UPDATE! I just found out comp is coming through with all my bills and awarding me 60% of my pay grade!!! That’s amazing and a blessing if I ever have gotten one. A childhood friend is going to allow me to recover at his house while I’m in a wheelchair and longer if need be.
I’m pretty happy with the overall outcome of this injury, i was prapared for much worse. But with an income at 60% full time I’m looking at $1400 a pay period. Witch allows me to continue building my bus and I can live next to my daughter whilst having time to spend with her!!!!

Donate to StP!

Hey folks, the donation widget is temporarily broken, so if you'd like to donate to help keep StP going with the paypal link below, I would sure appreciate it! There's a lot of new features I'm looking forward to bringing to the site (but unfortunately they cost money).

https://www.paypal.me/MatthewDerrick

Latest Status Updates

Found my first legit squat, pretty stoked about that.
Lots of positive things on the new format, the info on each member shows when they appear on a thread. I dig that a lot.
creature wrote on PeaceLoveHarmony's profile.
Peace, looks like you made it out of Prunedale ok!!

How was/is the show???
Halfmoon bay from monterey. Who out and about