For Sustainability, Balance and Symbiosis! (1 Viewer)

Kaine

Current Location
Arcata, CA
Hello my cousins!
I'd like to make my current mission public, in hopes of recruiting others who would like to be involved with it.
So over the past few years I've workstayed on a few different farms learning some of the ways of permaculture forest gardening,
traditional row farming, and urban gardening. I have also had the opportunity of learning to supplement ones diet with common wild edibles.
I have practiced a bit of wilderness survival and homesteading and I am definitely looking to expand my knowledge in those fields.
So I just acquired a Ford e-250 cargo van that I will be building out with my Pops in May, then I'll be meeting up with some friends at ELFfest in Southern Indiana and from there we will be travelling to Oregon. I have acquired enough heirloom seeds to plant enough food for a well rounded diet for probably 3-5 people for a year and I am looking for farms, BLM Lands, and unused community garden spaces that my friends and I will be able to travel to easily (probably Southern Oregon, closer to the coast) to plant these seeds. I would like to help preserve these non-gmo and organic heirloom crops, and would be happy to trade some of the food in exchange for growing space. We would make it to Oregon probably in June is my guess, so we would be able to plant some late season crops provided we have the space to do it. Anyone know of any spaces we could make use of? I also plan on getting in contact with Indigenous tribes of the Pacific Northwest and hopefully learning what native wild plants they used to sustain themselves throughout their history, as they will hold better experiential knowledge of which plants work more symbiotically with the Cascadian environment. In any case if you or anyone you know may be interested in this mission of putting food and medicines more in the hands of the people again while working to restore forest environments please let me know! I'm looking to unify as many of us on this mission as possible so that we may support each other in these revolutionary times! It should also be known that we are quite spiritual and also accept the possibility of traveling to other realms, be it through trance meditation or physical journey through "X-points" as NASA calls them. Either way, If you are also spiritual/magickal in nature and/or are some form of magickal creature that has incarnated as a human and you are looking to go "home," you are more than welcome to travel with us as we follow the electromagnetic fields of the Earth and the Sun to find these portals to go back to our home realities/dimensions. Either way, don't be scared off by the more whimsical beliefs, If you are looking to increase access to a sustainable future for the inhabitants of this world, please reach out to me. Looking forward to talking with you!

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!
OP
Kaine

Kaine

Current Location
Arcata, CA
What you are looking for sounds very promising and I only wish I could be involved too!
Wishes often can come true so long as you truly believe it! What areas of the world do you tend to inhabit? If you find yourself in the PNW/ Cascadia let me know if you feel like meeting up with us and seeing what we're up to!

Placebo

Lurker
Current Location
CT
Hello my cousins!
I'd like to make my current mission public, in hopes of recruiting others who would like to be involved with it.
So over the past few years I've workstayed on a few different farms learning some of the ways of permaculture forest gardening,
traditional row farming, and urban gardening. I have also had the opportunity of learning to supplement ones diet with common wild edibles.
I have practiced a bit of wilderness survival and homesteading and I am definitely looking to expand my knowledge in those fields.
So I just acquired a Ford e-250 cargo van that I will be building out with my Pops in May, then I'll be meeting up with some friends at ELFfest in Southern Indiana and from there we will be travelling to Oregon. I have acquired enough heirloom seeds to plant enough food for a well rounded diet for probably 3-5 people for a year and I am looking for farms, BLM Lands, and unused community garden spaces that my friends and I will be able to travel to easily (probably Southern Oregon, closer to the coast) to plant these seeds. I would like to help preserve these non-gmo and organic heirloom crops, and would be happy to trade some of the food in exchange for growing space. We would make it to Oregon probably in June is my guess, so we would be able to plant some late season crops provided we have the space to do it. Anyone know of any spaces we could make use of? I also plan on getting in contact with Indigenous tribes of the Pacific Northwest and hopefully learning what native wild plants they used to sustain themselves throughout their history, as they will hold better experiential knowledge of which plants work more symbiotically with the Cascadian environment. In any case if you or anyone you know may be interested in this mission of putting food and medicines more in the hands of the people again while working to restore forest environments please let me know! I'm looking to unify as many of us on this mission as possible so that we may support each other in these revolutionary times! It should also be known that we are quite spiritual and also accept the possibility of traveling to other realms, be it through trance meditation or physical journey through "X-points" as NASA calls them. Either way, If you are also spiritual/magickal in nature and/or are some form of magickal creature that has incarnated as a human and you are looking to go "home," you are more than welcome to travel with us as we follow the electromagnetic fields of the Earth and the Sun to find these portals to go back to our home realities/dimensions. Either way, don't be scared off by the more whimsical beliefs, If you are looking to increase access to a sustainable future for the inhabitants of this world, please reach out to me. Looking forward to talking with you!
Sounds cool. Be careful bout travelling other realms th ough without protection.

This world is a bridge. Pass over it.

VoidSpace

Lurker
Current Location
Wisconsin
damn i'd be down to try that kind of stuff out but im not gonna be on the road for a while. Good luck with your journey!

kittybutts

Current Location
virginia
if you are trying to save seed stock from your seeds, you needa be careful how far away you plant it from other plants in the same family! good luck

OP
Kaine

Kaine

Current Location
Arcata, CA
Sounds cool. Be careful bout travelling other realms th ough without protection.

This world is a bridge. Pass over it.
Do you mean Magickal/Energetic protection? Like staying shielded and things like that?

rainylife

Lurker
Current Location
missouri
I'm very interested in starting or joining a self sufficient group. I have experience living and working on a farm and commune. How can I get involved?

Placebo

Lurker
Current Location
CT
Do you mean Magickal/Energetic protection? Like staying shielded and things like that?
Yra, im guessin yer well versed in astral travel but if ya didnt know it can be risky. Kinda like sex. Ya gotta have protection if yer goin to unknown places cause ya might pick up a "bug". And i actually think of some nasty entities as spiritual bugs, like fleas or skeeters or parasites. Im a self proclaimed christian, though one of a magical perhaps heretical bent. One reason is because the spiritual protection Christ and his angels afford me. But also, i have friends who are more "earthly". Spiritual friends of the plant world. Im speaking of the San Pedro cactus. Once san pedro spoke to me, i felt, at least. Said, "we protect against invasions from the insect world" i realised thats why the cactus produces mescaline. To protect itself from bugs. But also to protect us from buga. That is, it kills or at least deters parasites. Physical and psychical. It helps in many ways. Like if certain thought patterns have become invasive, whether addictions or negative rhoughts, it helps to "banish" them or at least shine the light on them which transforms. If there are people who are "psychic vampires" it protects from them or they just cant get whay they want from ya, as its bitter medicine they get when they try to sap yer energy, so they stay away. Or become transformed as you are transformed. Anyways, i think we all travel realms all the time, just the mystic is conscious of it. But to venture out into the wilderness is a bold move and you either gotta be crazy or have faith. And faith comes from the Good Spirit.

japanarchist

Current Location
Portland
If you come to Portland hit me up! I'm interested. I'm also friends with some folks involved in the Cascadian movement who might be interested too.

OP
Kaine

Kaine

Current Location
Arcata, CA
I'm very interested in starting or joining a self sufficient group. I have experience living and working on a farm and commune. How can I get involved?
connect with the places you have workstayed at and see if they would be willing to let you use a part of their land to start a preservation garden where you can grow heirlooms to save seeds, then spread them to community gardens and other places and ask them to save and spread seeds too. If as many of us start doing this as possible we'll be able to really start putting food and medicine in the hands of the people again (at least those that accept the responsibility of caring for the plants and saving the seeds) There are many of us that have the ability, especially when we work together, to free people through food and medicine. It's our responsibility to use that ability to create a sustainable future that operates symbiotically instead of parasitically like our current food system does.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
stove Staying Healthy 3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$80.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $80.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $80.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

I regret to announce that I will no longer be associating myself with squat the planet due to a very deep and nuanced personal disagreement and subsequent disrespect. If you would like to get the full story, feel free to contact me directly. I will still be hosting this year's annual party as i have for the past four years.
Happy :) 8 more days till my babe is out <3
2800 k this past week or so on teh vespa!ODIN give me a medal !
Scooped up some dirty kids from the USA at walmart. Glad we caught ya's and had some time to party before you headed out. Safe travels Sasha and Meaghan! You're fucking awesome!
Lovely, and greasy... duh
Turns out, @Rhubarb Dwyer is even more handsome in person.
Watch out Australia! Tay is flying in on the 24th!
It only took three cities over three different time zones, but I finally got to meet up with @IVth. And, lemme tell ya, it was worth every mile. What a mensch!
dumpsternavel wrote on Erinn Oface's profile.
I wanna see more of your arrrrttttttt