for me unless i stay busy or active im bummed...hard | Squat the Planet

for me unless i stay busy or active im bummed...hard

kaichulita

soul rebel
Reaction score
Agreed. I slip into depression when I don't do enough (=being lazy) or when I do too much (=lots of stress).

daveycrockett

Reaction score
yeah if i do too much i get kinda confused or agitated, especially on other peoples time..but staying active is a must for me or my whole being will atrophy..

kaichulita

soul rebel
Reaction score
I think every human needs to feel like they're doing something productive in some way. If that need is not being satisfied, you find yourself wasting away and depressed.

Reactions: sketchytravis

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
yeah if i do too much i get kinda confused or agitated, especially on other peoples time..but staying active is a must for me or my whole being will atrophy..
yea I get that. It's like with a bad job... management and shitty corporate greed might piss ya off to no end... but when your plate is full and your just busy doing a good job at what you're doing it feels ok even good to accomplish something.

kaichulita

soul rebel
Reaction score
Now on the other hand, if you're doing too much "work" and not giving yourself enough time to decompress or have fun, then you will find yourself depressed because you'll feel like life is passing you by.

People need a balance between work and play.

daveycrockett

Reaction score
even if im doing jobs for myself i need time to decompress...today is sunday i fixed the chimney cap trimmed all the hedges painted the house was there to teach a child to ride a bike fixed a lawnmower etc..i cant sleep all day and do nothing..rainy days are good for that:)...you do get into a rut and not being active will make you not well mentally and pyhsically...

daveycrockett

Reaction score
good food and good beer and positive instances are very important in my life as well as positive people.. if im around do nothing folks it bums me out too..

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hey you're spot on man. Nothing wrong with getting stuff done around your place/neighborhood.
It sounds like a day well spent capped with beer to slate thirst. Hah.

daveycrockett

Reaction score
i guess my point being is what the title states,,my body changes very quickly and exercise is crucial to mental and physical health..as well as a sense of accomplishment

Stella Lum

Reaction score
really if im doing nothing im not happy,,i have to be physical or accomplish something everyday to keep stress away in the least.. to make this a thread does anyone else agree?
I get depressed when I don't do stuff but when I know I have to do stuff I get too overwhelmed and stressed so I end up not doing it and then the cycle continues.

sketchytravis

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
i totally understand that one. im a miserable bastard regardless. but i like to do things. and keep doing things. hence my ever-expanding bucket list. i like having a sense of accomplishment. i mean, i may continue be basically worthless, unable to establish much meaningful in life.

but i still got that lil book full of shit i done did lol

sucuri

Reaction score
Website
www.HitchTheWorld.com
I need to have a goal of some kind to work toward, no matter how distant. A certain place, or something. Even in my most aimless times I still had a general direction I was heading. I don't necessarily have to be working at anything except for that eventual goal. But sometimes I am. Like for example now I'm working a little, eventual goal the Rio Marié in December. Once my goal was to build a raft, or stand on the tip of Tierra del Fuego. I've been able to stay put about two times in the past five years but I would never have been able to manage it if I wasn't working toward something. Lots of people get stuck in the work just to live but on the rare occasion I do actually work, it's to save $$ and buy something that will help me with the goal.

Dunno if that made sense. A little stoned.

Reactions: Odin

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads