Foodstamps into Beer

FLAPJACK

Reaction score
Super easy, you can do it at any qfc, safeway, walmart, ect.

SIMPLE:
okay, so foodstamps, purchase food products only, yes?
single items of packaged returnable food usually don't cost much, unless it's a real fancy bottle of olive oil!
you can find olive oil for really cheap, to the super fancy bottles which are usually about 30 bucks.
so, buy a big fancy bottle of olive oil, return it 20 minutes later at the same damn store, and viola! gift card!

BUT: usually they'll ask you why you returned it (already have some at home, blah blah blah, any lame excuse works), and most stores DO NOT accept returns w/out the receipt for anything more than 20$ (i learned the hard way...)

Anywway, it's a really easy and it get's free beer and you don't have to steal (which sometimes I have a big problem with, I'm kind of clumsy.) and It works almost everywhere

macks

Ballsy Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
macksemil.wordpress.com
Good trick if you have the extra on the foodstamps card! Incentive to dumpster!

On a related note, I went to Safeway and got some hotwings that had a 2.00 off sticker on it. We were having a hot wings before the hot springs party so I got two things of them. The guy at the counter handed me 4$ cash from the cupons so I stopped at the corner store and got a couple of beers on the way home. Thanks uncle sam!

Reactions: West

FLAPJACK

Reaction score
I never really use my foodstamps, so it works real well for me, i have been to a few places and returned stuff on my foodies and gotten cash back, which is always nice, i just wish there was a way to tell which places will return with cash
a friend of mine used to pick up reciepts with food paid in cash, then buy the food on his stamps and return it for cash.

• Useful
Reactions: slimJack

Beegod Santana

Reaction score
... and yet another good hustle gets blown up.
I guess it really doesn't matter though. I learned this trick from my crackhead aunt when I was about 8. It's kinda surprising stores haven't caught on.

Drunken Hearted Man

Reaction score
... and yet another good hustle gets blown up.
I guess it really doesn't matter though. I learned this trick from my crackhead aunt when I was about 8. It's kinda surprising stores haven't caught on.

I really don't think you can blow this up considering how long it's been around. I'm sure anyone with food stamps figured it out pretty quick.

Squid

Reaction score
Three that have basically not given a fuck, one even winked and said "Well, enjoy your free beer...". Bought two La Fin du Mondes that time. Ten bucks each!

mksnowboarder

Reaction score
Every time I've tried this they just put the stamps back on the card... But as a side note, I have had beer go through as food at a few Whole Foods.

That's why you check the store return policy beforehand, and return it to a different cashier/customer service without showing your receipt.

If you're really desperate, I've used my foodstamps to buy 12 packs of cheap soda, pour soda into larger containers, and return for the deposit.

mike

smellsea

Reaction score
holy shit. i love you... i guess i never thought that you would get a gift card for the returned food stamps product, that they would just scan the money back onto your card as they would with a credit card. hm. okay, best idea ever.

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
NEW DIRTY KID COMMERCIAL!!!

expensive olive oil..$23.99 on food stamps...A 30 pack of coca cola...$14.49 on food stamps...a rack of ribs...$19.08 on food stamps. Returning it all and getting credit/WASTED!!..priceless. The best beer in life is free..for everything else theres foodstamps at walmart

D

Deleted member 20

I have just rewalized that one can turn foodstamps into free diesel fuel. I have a 99 vw beetle (tdi) that no longer runs on wvo/grease beacuase i had to rebuild the whole fuel sytem & sold off the greasecar shit. However your basic ghetto veggie oil that comes in gallon jugs that deepfry all of our fav fried foods will be a perfect fuel, dumped in & or mixed with heating, offroad/marine/farm diesel, or the highly taxed green diesel. I do love beer dont get me wrong just had an epiphany while reading.

D

Deleted member 20

I am living in New Bedford, Mass now a real rough & tumble fishing port with lots of drugs & routinely people will trade there ebt card & pin for drugs & or cash, usually for 50cents on the dollar. Then before the next installment comes in 2weeks & after your dealer has spent there loot usually same day or 2 you go get a new card & pin. its a recuring scam here atleast & sure all over MASS & maybe otherplaces.

marc

Reaction score
just tried this at walmart here in pensacola, i got a 18 dollar bottle of olive oil and when my friend tried to return it they said they stopped accepting olive oil without a receipt. this might just be the walmart here or maybe its a new walmart policy

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
UPDATE!! they are on to us in TX damn oompa loompas...No longer works here, you either have to take the shit, or they are now able to put it back onto your card. A sad sad day in america.

mksnowboarder

Reaction score
I'd like to mention a variation that someone who definitely isn't me was trying this past week. You go buy a $20 thing of olive oil, and a $10 vanilla bean from the mccormick spice racks. They were returned to a place which put the refund amount on a "shoppers club card." This $30 was used to purchase a $25 visa gift card and the activation fee. This was done for the balance of the EBT card, netting about $200 in visa gift cards. A local mall sells paper gift certificates (not cards). If you spend a decent amount of the money, you receive the rest back in cash. The visa cards were used to purchase a $200 gift certificate. The $200 gift card was spent on a Pavement cd, returning about $180 in cash after about two hours of work.

mike

• Useful
Reactions: slimJack

MiztressWinter

Like A Boss
Reaction score
Ok....with walmart you can only return things up to three times a year with no receipt. You must show ID. You can go purchase something on your foodstamp card....take it back a little later with ID and no receipt. You can return up to 50.00 at a time...but remember...only 3 times a year. It's in a national data base...so they will KNOW no matter what walmart you go to. Just a little FYI. You will get a gift card upon returning the items.

tallhorseman

Reaction score
I tried this tonight. THAT'S THE SHIT!!! I'm sippin on a bottle of food stamp Jack Daniels as I post this. Thank-You-Flapjack.

Super easy, you can do it at any qfc, safeway, walmart, ect.

SIMPLE:
okay, so foodstamps, purchase food products only, yes?
single items of packaged returnable food usually don't cost much, unless it's a real fancy bottle of olive oil!
you can find olive

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads