San Diego, CA
Reactions
92% 1% 7%
Threads
Current Location
owensboro ky
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Most of those are outdated, it seems like the surefire way to find fnb is to get on Facebook and type in the city like "Eugene food not bombs". Most of the info on the food not bombs website is from like 8 years ago, a lot of them have stopped or they serve at different times or places than what is listed

OP
OP
ScumRag

ScumRag

Wanderer
Lifetime Supporter
Threads
Current Location
San Diego, CA
Reactions
92% 1% 7%
Most of those are outdated, it seems like the surefire way to find fnb is to get on Facebook and type in the city like "Eugene food not bombs". Most of the info on the food not bombs website is from like 8 years ago, a lot of them have stopped or they serve at different times or places than what is listed
While you have a good point, a lot of folx are rapidly deleting FB. So not a lot of us (myself included) have access. Plus, I talked to Keith McHenry about the out-dated maps & he said they've been updated in the last year- i.e.: Missouri & a few other states. Ive offered to edit them for him, but no reply....

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Staff member
Threads
Current Location
Rochester, NY
Reactions
99% 0% 0%
@ScumRag Just sent this out to a friend on fb who helps with the food not bombs in new castle (guess their next feed is 6/23 and they are looking for volunteers. :) will let you know if there is something newer etc.

OP
OP
ScumRag

ScumRag

Wanderer
Lifetime Supporter
Threads
Current Location
San Diego, CA
Reactions
92% 1% 7%
@Tude
@phillipalaska

Maybe since we acknowledge that the FNB site is outdated, we can start adding our local sharing info here? I know where I'm at has 2+

Last edited:
Threads
Current Location
owensboro ky
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Just to clarify, y out don't have to be a Facebook member to look at pages, such as food not bombs in whatever area you are in

Threads
Current Location
owensboro ky
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
But yeah that would be cool. In my experience it's pretty challenging to have it all organized because food not bombs typically changes so freaking much, most people who help are travelers. Just my experience as I've been helping with Eugene fnb for about a year

OP
OP
ScumRag

ScumRag

Wanderer
Lifetime Supporter
Threads
Current Location
San Diego, CA
Reactions
92% 1% 7%
Well here goes.

San Diego FNB is:

Downtown on Thursdays @ 6p-7.30ish- 16th & Island and in City Heights on Sundays @ 4.45p -Fairmount/Wightman.

Last edited:
Threads
Current Location
owensboro ky
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Eugene. friday at 3- 5ish 8th and oak street. Come help cook at around 1 at the Campbell club. Located 17th and Adler by campus

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Staff member
Threads
Current Location
Rochester, NY
Reactions
99% 0% 0%
got a response from her:

Yeah they're not the best sites, the guy who started FNB is like 75 now. Local chapters have their own updated pages but the main site sucks. I ordered a bunch of merch and they took my money but never sent me shit and wouldn't answer my messages about it. And it was stuff for our FNB chapter we got with donations.

I think his name is Keith McHenry. Friends w him on FB. Not sure who runs the site tho.

I went to his facebook and he looks like he's active on it - and in the timeline were listed some FNB addresses.

OP
OP
ScumRag

ScumRag

Wanderer
Lifetime Supporter
Threads
Current Location
San Diego, CA
Reactions
92% 1% 7%
He is active & travels nationwide to help various chapters. He's super busy with the FNB Free Skool every summer too near Taos NM.