FolkLife 2011 | Squat the Planet

FolkLife 2011

Alaska

Reaction score
I'm heading DOWN there, so nah. Not up.

But yeah, I wanted to go to Deathfest, but I don't think that's going to happen this year. Most of my friends are goin to folk-life, and I've never been. So, why the hell not.

ericafuckyea

Reaction score
me and my boyfriend will be there. if anyones driving message me!
alaska - theres a deathfest in vegas in june. (wasnt sure if you were referring to mdf)

ericafuckyea

Reaction score
aaaw. vegas isn't that bad. death fest is being held in NW vegas, the venues a block away from my apartment complex. the strip sucks, but downtown and everywhere else is alright.

Alaska

Reaction score
I just seem to have bad luck with that place. Not to mention the single gigantic blooming-death you can see from anywhere. I'm most likely gonna end up there. But still. haha.

snacktime

Reaction score
I agree, dumpsterhump's photo wins. Is it a rat or ferret?

Uncle Mom

Reaction score
Website
www.freedirtfilm.com
I'd have to haul ass, but I'm going to try to get there.

christianarchy

Reaction score
I've been there the past few years and should be again. Shameless self(?)-promotion; There's a cool new space in the Central District of Seattle with free food, coffee computer access, clothes, zines, etc. You guys should check it out. It's called Autonomia Social Center, 600 24th Ave S. Seattle WA 98144
Woo!

christianarchy

Reaction score
is that like a drop in?

It's like if a drop-in, infoshop, library, community center, and cafe had a mind blowing gang bang and it all resulted in one megachild. It's run by a bunch of anarchists and punks.

Alaska

Reaction score
Are they pretty chill with travelin kids? I've encountered plenty of disdain from "anarchists and punks" who work with similar places. It's really alienating...

christianarchy

Reaction score
Are they pretty chill with travelin kids? I've encountered plenty of disdain from "anarchists and punks" who work with similar places. It's really alienating...

Don't sweat it, most of the volunteers (like myself) travel, are broke, and in fact are right here on StP, and would be happy to help some travelin kids out. Just don't show up with six dogs fuckin drunk, don't keep literature that is for lend, and don't take free clothes to sell to hipster recycled clothes stores - you know, be decent. We don't allow alcohol, weapons, drugs, violence, hate speech, etc. You know - be decent. If you are there all day drinking free coffee using free internet and copying our zines, we might ask you to wash some dishes. You know - be decent.

christianarchy

Reaction score
so your saying i cant squat there and fuck my gf and piss on the walls? you guys arent very punk rock.

It's amazing how many people we've encountered really think like this.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads