News & Blogs Florida Group Fined $2,238 For Feeding Homeless People

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
Florida Group Fined $2,238 For Feeding Homeless People

http://iacknowledge.net/florida-group-fined-2238-for-feeding-homeless-people/

For over a year, a Daytona Beach-based ministry has fed the homeless of their community, but now the city wants them to stop. In an effort to drive homeless away from the city, Daytona – and other cities – have begun making the feeding of homeless people in public a crime. So this week, instead of appreciation, the ministry’s makeshift food station at a local park was greeted by a half-dozen police officers while they were serving food. Each volunteer was given multiple citations and collectively fined over $2000 and banned from the park.

Chico and Debbie Jimenez are the husband and wife duo behind a Christian outreach group called Spreading the Word Without Saying a Word Ministry. Each Wednesday, they cook a ton of food with the help of church members and volunteers, which they then serve to Daytona’s homeless community. The food could be the one full meal Daytona’s homeless can look forward to. Depending on the week, the Jimenezes provide dishes of chicken, macaroni salad, and fresh vegetables. Over the year, word began to spread about the great organization, and over a hundred people typically stop by to eat and socialize.

But that’s all over after the police crackdown.

According to the ministry’s Facebook page:

Today, when we were feeding 100 plus people in Manatee Park, Daytona Beach. FL, we had quite an experience. We had 5 Daytona Beach Police Officers on the scene, their excuse??? and I quote, “WE ARE LOOKING FOR A WHITE GUY”….yep, that was there excuse to come and shut us down for “FEEDING THE HOMELESS”!!!

We; Chico, Myself, Duke, Joe, Diane and Norman all received Tickets ( two 2nd degree misdemeanors) for $375 each for “Feeding the Homeless” not to mention the parking tickets for 2 vehicles and the fact that we are all permanently banned from the park. The Officers made no bones about it, we were not to feed in Daytona again..

One of the volunteers was filming the event and caught the interaction with police. They posted the video to YouTube to raise awareness for what people looking to help the homeless face in Daytona.

Reactions: Odin
K

Kim Chee

just another reason i am ashamed to be from that hell of a state.

But it is still Amerikka! Geographically anyways.

Very unkind to shut down a free feed. Fortunately, I think the kind of people who put on such events are not so easily deterred and they'll probably figure out a way to continue feeding the poor. Sometimes it is events like this that put the spotlight on the plight of the disadvantaged.

To the back of the bus, Ms. Parks.

drewski

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I think it's been long overdue for people to just refuse to obey these laws or pay these fines. How is there any logic behind stopping people from getting fed? I'm not exactly sure that's going to "drive out" the homeless population necessarily either.

So then we all know what happens when we don't obey or pay them their money...violence. Not from us of course, because that simple act of disobedience is definitely non-violent. It's always the police. Time and time again, what more will it take until people put an end to it? The police are no different than any organized crime operation because that is exactly what they are. Corrupt, but on a higher level because they are basically untouchable. They roam the streets knowing this and get enjoyment out of fucking with people knowing they can't pretty much can't do shit about it. Reminds me of something...Nazi soldier comes to mind.

If you kill a member of a drug gang, mob, etc. and get caught you will certainly get a sentence of some sort. But if you kill a cop? You're done. Guaranteed worse sentence than raping someone, being a child molester, etc.

The problem is that even though these religious people are doing something great for humanity by feeding the homeless, killing a cop is not something "jesus would do". Instead they go home and pray, waiting for jesus to come, accomplishing nothing as the police state expands.

Enough is enough, and the police won't have the upper hand if we stop and realize throwing objects at their bullet-proof riot shield is fucking retarded and not accomplishing anything. You can figure out what I'm getting at. It's not extreme, and peace and love will not stop violence. There comes a point where oppression needs to end, and in the world we live in that requires violence.

It will happen. I think a long way down the road it will be the endgame. It will probably be too late, but the people will no longer back down and naturally turn into tactical guerilla soldiers, but not in the name of nationalism, just for themselves and the ones they love.

Last edited:
Reactions: Odin and Traveler

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads