Website
www.youtube.com
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Change of plans, ride no longer needed.

Departing from: Flagstaff, AZ
Destination: Cortez, CO
Date range: now to June 18ish

Hi y'all, anyone passing through/near Flagstaff and heading towards southwestern Colorado? Specifically Cortez and Canyon of thenAncients, but anywhere in that general direction would be great! Figured I'd give this a try before I head to I-40 and hold up a sign.

No cash and no license, but I'm good company! A few items to trade too, like a propane camping stove, shakespeare travel fishing rod and gear, and cheap vivitar action cam. Lot of info about me in my profile. Anything you want to know just ask.

Last edited:

Coywolf

Mastering the Art of Houselessness
Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Austin, TX
Website
www.youtube.com
Reactions
96% 0% 4%
Naw, screw i40 go to the east side of town to Townsend winona road, hitch north on the hwy 89 through the Navajo rez to cortez, Colorado.

That is the best, fastest way to get there. Alot of tourist traffic this time of year. You will get picked up.

OP
OP
RiverWulf
Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Flagstaff, AZ
Website
www.youtube.com
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Naw, screw i40 go to the east side of town to Townsend winona road, hitch north on the hwy 89 through the Navajo rez to cortez, Colorado.

That is the best, fastest way to get there. Alot of tourist traffic this time of year. You will get picked up.

Awesome info bro! Thanks, I wasn't looking forward to 40 to Gallup, NM and then North. Was there briefly once before, and Gallup gave me lots of bad vibes.

Coywolf

Mastering the Art of Houselessness
Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Austin, TX
Website
www.youtube.com
Reactions
96% 0% 4%
My advice, DO NOT hitchhike to Gallup, or get dropped off there.

Some of my WORST experiences, and some of the WORST hitchhiking stories have came from there.

Go through the Rez. But don't go through there at night, it can get sketchy/drunk drivers.

Also, just know you are technically not allowed to camp on the Rez unless you are native, so stay out of sight if you are camping up there, and don't let anyone try to lure you away from public areas. Lots of gangs that are not keen on white people up there (understandably).

OP
OP
RiverWulf
Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Flagstaff, AZ
Website
www.youtube.com
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
My advice, DO NOT hitchhike to Gallup, or get dropped off there.

Some of my WORST experiences, and some of the WORST hitchhiking stories have came from there.

Go through the Rez. But don't go through there at night, it can get sketchy/drunk drivers.

Also, just know you are technically not allowed to camp on the Rez unless you are native, so stay out of sight if you are camping up there, and don't let anyone try to lure you away from public areas. Lots of gangs that are not keen on white people up there (understandably).
Very understandably. Thanks again for all the tips man, you rock!