FL hitch routes (1 Viewer)

Looking for the best hitch spots around west palm. South of Tampa is shit for catching rides, and I have the ability to get up to W. Palm from monroe county. Haven't hitched the east side of Florida. Any suggestions? I hear Mexico beach area has work and good spots for hitting the road

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

croc

Wise Sage
If u have a ride to the west palm area, ur prob gonna wanna go to lake worth bc it's the only place I know in that area where ppl are down to earth/poor. West Palm ppl ain't gonna pick up. And sadly hitching is shit in FL period imo.

OP
S
If u have a ride to the west palm area, ur prob gonna wanna go to lake worth bc it's the only place I know in that area where ppl are down to earth/poor. West Palm ppl ain't gonna pick up. And sadly hitching is shit in FL period imo.
Hit or miss areasand timing in fl

Maki40

Wanderer
Florida does suck when it comes to hitching. I hitched from Ocala to Panama City last winter and made it but usually have to wait like 5 hrs on average for a ride. It was especially tough in the Panama City area. Mostly rednecks and not the type to pick you up. I'd be careful around Panama City. The cops were atrocious and downtown was full of crazy shit. I haven't tried hitching the east coast. Let us know how it goes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $10.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $10.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $10.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $10.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.