First Time Traveler

Aura

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hey you! My name is Aura, and I am completely 100% new and unskilled to any form of traveling on my own. But here's my plan, I pretty much have it set in my mind that I want to go on a tour of the west! I'll be leaving early September (at this point unaccompanied) and going out towards California and then heading back south to make a circle back here to Missouri. Hopping trains seems a little too intimidating for me right now, but I have big plans for hitching as much as possible. I also have led glow toys that I plan on performing with to make some extra money while I'm running around. If anyone has any advice/tips/wants to say hi feel free to speak up! I'm turning 20 on the 28th of this month, and I'd like to think I have pretty basic hobbies. A weird one though is I do belly dancing and have fire fans. I also am a pretty big anime/gaming nerd. I also do gogo dancing from time to time. Those are just some random fun facts about me. So yeah~ hiiii! XD

Reaction score
I'm 17 and in Ohio. On my way west, but I think I missed the Rainbow gathering.
[pout]

I'm an inspiring writer on the road. It's been around 4 months now. Met many many many... different people, but no one to debate geriatric politics or humanistic sociology with though. If you want to chat, I'll be online later. Send me a PM and we might be able to meet up!

It would do wonders for my writing to have a female prospective on things though.

Aura

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Everyone I've spoken with on here is heading west! I guess it was a good idea to go that way after all lol

As for the Rainbow Gathering, yes you did miss it ;A; but so did I..it was the first week of July out in Colorado, but there's going to be one in Illinois in early October that I'm planning on going to when I get back to Missouri, but I'm still looking around for information on other regional gatherings happening out west, because if I can run into one, I would be so so happy. I don't plan on writing very much while I'm on the road, but just in case I'll be taking a journal with me. I like to doodle and rant from time to time, don't we all?

aisha01

Reaction score
Hey you! My name is Aura, and I am completely 100% new and unskilled to any form of traveling on my own.

Travelling solo is indeed a challenge. You need to be attentive and smart enough to avoid some unpleasant things to happen. Seek advises from your family, colleagues and friends regarding the matter.. I'm sure they will guide you ;)

Steve MD

Reaction score
- Common sense is your best friend, if a ride seems sketchy it is probably best to pass it up.
- If you do end up traveling alone, go into it with the mindstate that you will remain alone save for your rides 90% of the time.
- Prepare to NOT make money and make sure that you can get by without it.
- Prepare to NOT get rides, make sure your shoes are comfortable.
- Try to make sure someone close to you knows where you are and where you are going next.
- Enjoy your travel, expect to get sidetracked, HAVE A TON OF FUN.

I will be leaving for the south in January. I do not have a set plan on how long I will hang out south, but after that I will be going west - my guess is that you will be back in Missouri by then but regardless, if you want to meet up and hang out let me know!

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
best of luck to you! Keep in mind, that preforming like that can be physically draining. Also be sure to carry a good (and feasible) amount of water on you while you're hitchin. never know how long you could be stuck somewhere.

Dead horse

Reaction score
Up in Canada here so we're not likely to cross paths anytime soon but after many years and many miles I just wanna say theres a good point in here about water from the last post and if at all ever possible put ever foot foward with a smile on your face your are a girl and that in itself in this world can be a power asset (duh) if you are a panner, busker , or sign flyer

Dead horse

Reaction score
I have to agree with right above me here to I mean i'm a dude so if i get raped or something then its cuz i'm in the wrong jail but females fact be known are more at risk of danger due to people that need punches in the head for goof shit

Reaction score
yeah i mean, if it wasnt already so god damn dangerous for chicks to go solo then iwould have left already.... im lookin for some road dogs tho! im a first time traveler out of baltimore and im trying to go with people who kmow what theyre doing

Reaction score
yeah i mean, if it wasnt already so god damn dangerous for chicks to go solo then iwould have left already.... im lookin for some road dogs tho! im a first time traveler out of baltimore and im trying to go with people who kmow what theyre doing

Dead horse

Reaction score
I wish i could slip through homeland security sooo bad! fuck i wanna travel with "Real" american hobos! not to say it ain't good up here in canada but i stopped counting my coast to coast bouncing after like 20 times. Ya i'd travel with ya if i could but you might get called a newb if you become frustrating ;)

LostAvood

Reaction score
Hey I'm a pretty big Anime fan myself I have had very I mean little vagabond traveling/hitching experience. I can tell you be aware, drop-in centers will be a great tool, and this might sound odd but change your socks as often as possible. If you get the chance I'm here in NY but I'm always up for adventure.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads