First Time North West

nivoldoog

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I will soon begin my latest adventure. With a bus ticket from Texas to Washington in hand, I am excited to get on the road again. This will be my first time in the North West. The closest I've come to Washington was Idaho and Wyoming. I spent a few weeks camping both.

Getting my pack together and preparing my tools is all ways a bit stressful but exciting as well. Each jump I make like this is indeed difficult, mostly due to inactivity of living indoors for months, but with each trip I learn many new skills, I dump uneeded property, and meet interesting people.

Like my first trip and each adventure since, my first stop is StP to learn from your experiences and wisdom. Thank you StP!

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Bring raingear!

AAAutin

Reaction score
Check out the John Wayne Pioneer Trail; beautiful sights, especially between Lake Easton and Hyak.

Last edited:

Hillbilly Castro

Reaction score
Def go hang out at La Push and all the rez spots along the olympic coast. Seattle is a suburb, IMO. Bellingham is such a sick town, and the San Jan islands are incredible - they even have county-built designated hitchhiking spots!

rooster831

Banned
Reaction score
def hit up capitol hill in seattle

all the dirty kids go there to kick it

if ya like drinking, op, don't drink with the natives in native park, located at the end of pike's place. you'll prolly get a bottle smashed over your head (i've met people who have lived it)

if ya like to camp, gold bar is a great little town to do it in. take the 512 from downtown seattle to everet then the bus to gold bar (it'll say witch one at the everet bus stop)

WanderLost Radical

Reaction score
Check out Chichi (shishi?) Beach! Apparently one of the best hiking spot of the Olympic coast!

Seattle is kinda gloomy but worth checking out imo

Reactions: VikingAdventurer

nivoldoog

Banned
Reaction score
Thank you guys! Much appreciated. One of my goals is an island that is half Canadian and half USA. Other then that I am going in blind for most part. Figure I will attempt to see Canada and Alaska while I'm up there. Maybe work up cash for a ticket to Hawaii to warm up after the Rain I hear so much about.

Olympic it is. I was wondering which park would be best for a good hike. I have spent two weeks sharpening blades. A bowie knife, pocket knife, machete (I can shave with it), fish one. A lady sent me a water filter straw so I am curious about how well it will come in use. She also sent me home made salves and lotions.

I am trying to find a way to bring laptop. The one thing I really don't need, but love to travel with. I tend to pack to heavy at first. On last trip I packed WAY WAY too much. Nearly lost a lot of good junk, thankfully the trip was short, before I was forced to cut weight. I think I want to find a light axe and I need to get my own sharpening stone.

My crazy dream from Washington is to build a boat. Craft a somewhat sea worthy craft out of logs. And play a bit with that.

Reactions: Rhubarb Dwyer

nivoldoog

Banned
Reaction score
Seattle is living up to the rain I hear so much about. Downtown Seattle is nuts. The public transit is ridiculous. The hills! I am soooo out of shape from being a home body for so long.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads