Finding others....before hitting road.

uniparemassilmas

Reaction score
Hei, everyone! I don't mind to travel alone, but sometimes it's great to have someone on your side too. And if I don't travel, I like to talk with other travelers. There are some groups in couchsurfing (although I dont use this site so much) and some groups in facebook too. But somehow I don't find it to fit me. Everytime I post something in traveling groups, it gets lot of attention / answers, but if I actually start to talk with anyone, I find out quite soon that love of the road is only thing what connects us. People feel impressed first, because small girl hitchhiking alone on budged in Europe, but after some time they found out that I am not "open minded free spirit", that I have strong political views, and my "living out of system" does not mean hippie-rainbow community....
I can find similar minded people in squats, but before hitting road... ? This forum here is super lovely, and I am so happy that I find it (and feel bad that I did not found it years ago.)...but then again, it is little bit USA / Canada based, it seems. So does anyone of you know any facebook groups, or webpages more, where traveling punk-squatters-activist are active? It somehow seems to me, that punk travelers are not using any traveling meeting groups at all.... So is it just a lost case, and I could find some people only in real life: in squats / punk bars?

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
We do have people in the UK who travel, there is another mod here @landpirate who might have some suggestions and also active right now traveling is @Anagor. I'm involved in a few facebook groups but they are more Canada and the US. Let me look around though.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads