finding dead bodies

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
I'm wondering what people do when they find dead bodies, in squats, off the tracks, in the woods, whatever- but in places where you aren't supposed to be. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

Dirty Rig

Reaction score
Leave that shit there and don't touch nothing. I ain't being associated with no random dead body.

M

Mouse

mkay... maybe out of respect for the dead you might wanna call an anonomous tip into the cops??? I guess that wouldn't be too big of a deal if you use a pay phone or whatever.

i dunno... the only person i've seen dead was some junky in panhandle park that obviously just curled up and died w/o any foul play involved. it was pretty creepy though. long story short... a bunch of us were drinking, thi guy lays down under a near by tree w/ his dog and covers up to sleep... we offer him a swill and he declines... a few hours later the cops come around and kick him and he's dead.

Exile

Reaction score
Tell the police no matter who it is in respect for the dead. Its only right seriously.

Post edited by: Exile, at: 2007/10/16 10:44

G

Grace

Yeah but putting in a call should be where the involvement stops. Mostly because one must wonder when near or around a dead body, what or whom, exactly, was the reason for said person's demise? My biggest worry would be disease, or murderers. Mostly disease.

On the other hand, if you're hungry...

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
I suppose the trick is to do the anonymous report. I guess GPS coordinates and digital photographs should do the trick, yet another thing to work on, but probably much better than handholding a cop to find it...

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
PS. that body is bones. The only reason I saw it is because some scavenger disturbed the skull. I'm not talking about a fresh corpse.

Exile

Reaction score
finn wrote:
I suppose the trick is to do the anonymous report. I guess GPS coordinates and digital photographs should do the trick, yet another thing to work on, but probably much better than handholding a cop to find it...
Seriously if you just went up to them if you found it its not like your main suspect #1. You found it you did a good deed.But yeah definetly tell about it.

M

Mouse

if said body is just nothing but bones, I wouldn't worry so much. it might be some one's long lost missing child or a murder victim. I'd get people to notice asap

Exile

Reaction score
Mouse wrote:
if said body is just nothing but bones, I wouldn't worry so much. it might be some one's long lost missing child or a murder victim. I'd get people to notice asap
Yeah exactly its decayed so its not like your really a suspect. A murderer wouldnt point out the grave of his victim it would be kinda pointless.

FatAdam

Reaction score
we had a dead body rotting for four months in an abandon shed beside our back yard. Some guy with a hooker found it when he tried to take her into the shed, then for his speedy getaway drove his van off a fucking wall and got stuck. They put tarps up on the 3 sides of the shed you could see from the road, but not on the fence side. We got a pretty gnarly view of rotten flesh and bones from the back yard (this shed set up against our fence, dead bodies a stick poke away) cops didn't ask many questions.. that part of town I suppose.

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
It's not a child, else the skull would not be intact when the cartilage rotted away. And I don't trust the cops or want to explain what business I had trespassing.

But first, I need to get my stuff out to another place, which I'm working on, so it doesn't get confiscated.

G

Grace

An infant's skull is made of cartilage, not a child's. But you seem like you know what needs to be done, so it's pointless to debate on the age of a nameless dead body. In fact, the whole affair is making me quite depressed...:(

Cardboard

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
In my experience...
Pay your respects and move on.
I have learned through my travels not to fuck around with other peoples business. You have no connection, the police arent really going to do anything to help. leave no trace of yourself and get the fuck out of there.

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
Okay, all my stupid batteries have died, so I'm a little behind in my plans. I'm still going to send an untraceable message to the police with directions that an idiot can follow to find the body, but I'm still moving my stuff, and now getting batteries.

That's all I'm saying. I was wondering what people's experience with the police in this matter was, because it does slow me down a lot to use the untraceable message route. I don't know how hard the police will try to figure out an anonymous tip. Now I'm going to work on it before some internet cop jumps me to demand the location which I don't have the GPS coordinates to.

Dillinger

Reaction score
Exile said:
Mouse wrote:
Yeah exactly its decayed so its not like your really a suspect. A murderer wouldnt point out the grave of his victim it would be kinda pointless.

What about The Zodiac?
he always called or wrote letters boasting about his victims.

Exile

Reaction score
Dillinger said:
Exile said:
Mouse wrote:

What about The Zodiac?
he always called or wrote letters boasting about his victims.
Well I sure hope your not going to boast about someone you didnt kill. :shock:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads