Finally saying hi | Squat the Planet

Finally saying hi

Memphis

Reaction score
Hey everyone, and thanks to the admins for letting me in! Been lurking on here for months now and am finally getting around to introducing myself.

My girl, our two dogs, and I all left south Florida last August on an open ended road trip. Simply looking for an adventure and as much time away from paying rent as I could manage. Florid was also killing me, as I'm originally from Memphis, TN, so the little beach town wasn't doing it for me anymore.

Anyway, our trip has been a lot of fun, a lot of work, and a major learning experience. car did great getting us to California by October, where we were able to find work for harvest season, but now that's over and we are back to roaming a bit. We also spent almost all the money we earned fixing the poor guy once we got out here. It pains me to say he is probably on his last legs, despite my best efforts.

I have so much more I'd like to add, but this intro thread doesn't seem appropriate, so I'll be posting about our trip and all where it should be. Mostly wanted to say hello, and that we are about to head into Oregon, and see what happens next. This forum is amazing and thanks to everyone who has been or is involved with making this a valuable resource for anyone interested in living intentionally and alternatively!

Also, anybody still in Eugene or Portland that hasn't ducked out for the winter should totally hit us up! We would love to meet up and have some good times with some like-minded folks.

Hobo Mud

Reaction score
Welcome to STP. Safe travles!

Potatos

Reaction score
Hey everyone, and thanks to the admins for letting me in! Been lurking on here for months now and am finally getting around to introducing myself.

My girl, our two dogs, and I all left south Florida last August on an open ended road trip. Simply looking for an adventure and as much time away from paying rent as I could manage. Florid was also killing me, as I'm originally from Memphis, TN, so the little beach town wasn't doing it for me anymore.

Anyway, our trip has been a lot of fun, a lot of work, and a major learning experience. car did great getting us to California by October, where we were able to find work for harvest season, but now that's over and we are back to roaming a bit. We also spent almost all the money we earned fixing the poor guy once we got out here. It pains me to say he is probably on his last legs, despite my best efforts.

I have so much more I'd like to add, but this intro thread doesn't seem appropriate, so I'll be posting about our trip and all where it should be. Mostly wanted to say hello, and that we are about to head into Oregon, and see what happens next. This forum is amazing and thanks to everyone who has been or is involved with making this a valuable resource for anyone interested in living intentionally and alternatively!

Also, anybody still in Eugene or Portland that hasn't ducked out for the winter should totally hit us up! We would love to meet up and have some good times with some like-minded folks.
Hey just got to Eugene and soking wet help

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads