Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Cooperstown, Ny
Website
www.youtube.com
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Where does Marijuana fit? Does it fall under drugs or smoke? Confused am I as to how to answer. I smoke pot and avoid drugs but also smoke cigs. ~ peace

Jerrell

Wanderer
Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Slabs
Website
jerrellofearth.wordpress.com
Reactions
97% 1% 2%
I was confused about where to put my drug habit (caffeine). Just kinda snuck it into my profile instead.

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
Technically all those things are drugs, but feel free to put it wherever you want, it's your profile ;)

Juan Derlust

Formerly 'palmazon'
Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Limbo
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
I'd drink sailor piss if it got me where I wanted to go but there's no 'sailor piss' category in my preferences

Engineer J Lupo

the most derailingest mod.
Staff member
Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Fresno, Ca
Reactions
99% 0% 0%
I used to really get put off when people would call cannabis a drug. It seemed to me like you shouldn't be able to call naturally occurring plants(weed, mushrooms, etc.) drugs. But the reality is;(as Matt pointed out) cannabis is a drug. Tobacco is a drug, caffeine is a drug, sugar is even a drug.

By it's very definition;

Drug ~ a medicine or other substance which has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body.

quad8

Nowhere bound...
Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Brunswick, Georgia
Reactions
95% 2% 4%
OMFG! This reminds me of something I once did. I once went to Mercer University in Macon (GA) to see a professor that gathered up several hundred pages of MARC surveys. Each survey had anonymous tips which compared who took what drugs they encountered during their lives. My job was to hit Microsoft Access and input all that data into the system. It took a few days, but it was a decent little paycheck. But yeah, it was basically data entry I did. Boring, but awesome.