Finally getting onto this site while switching continents!

Reaction score
I've been travelling on and off for quite a few years and been all over North America from Guatemala to Alaska and everywhere in between. Finally saved up enough cash to get myself and my dog over to Europe for a while and just arrived in Norway. Thought I would finally see what this site us all about. I want to go down to Copenhagen and then over to Ireland. Open for new adventures, hanging out, road-dogging for a bit, parties, fests, sticking around for community projects. ALWAYS IN SEARCH of work gigs! Excited to have made my goal to finally travel this content filled with other culture and opportunities.

Get in contact with any advice, suggestions, news, etc.

N0MAD

Reaction score
Hey and welcome to Europe,

First of make sure your dogs passport is upto date and get any vaccines required or its going to be a pain the in arse to cross any borders outside of mainland Europe especially getting in to the UK or ROI.

Secondly, just go with the flow,

ATB
Nomad

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Sounds like some great traveling and more traveling to be had - welcome to STP!

Whereamiwhatdoido

Reaction score
Hey there, welcome to the StP website hope you'll enjoy the community and all it has to offer.
Secondly, welcome to Europe. Hope you'll have a kick-ass time over here and see a lot of great places. - This community isn't too far reaching on this side of the pond, but maybe once you hit the UK you'll be in and around other users of the site, so keep up posted where you're at! I'm in Denmark, though not relatively close to Copenhagen.

sd40chef

Reaction score
All the best with your travels man! I've never been to any of the spots you're heading to but I have been to Copenhagen for a few days waiting for a flight back to north america. Check out Freetown Christiania... probably the most interesting part of the city from what I've been told and from what I've seen. Lots of great dumpster scores.

Reaction score
I've been travelling on and off for quite a few years and been all over North America from Guatemala to Alaska and everywhere in between. Finally saved up enough cash to get myself and my dog over to Europe for a while and just arrived in Norway. Thought I would finally see what this site us all about. I want to go down to Copenhagen and then over to Ireland. Open for new adventures, hanging out, road-dogging for a bit, parties, fests, sticking around for community projects. ALWAYS IN SEARCH of work gigs! Excited to have made my goal to finally travel this content filled with other culture and opportunities.

Get in contact with any advice, suggestions, news, etc.

We made it! Great independence day in Bergen. Got kicked off the train yesterday and went on a 10 mile hike instead. In the heart if sogne fjord now thinking of going north. Found out Norway and other European countries offer seasonal residence permits, jobs including agriculture, tourism, and ski resorts. The agriculture here is strawberries and salmon, I spent last Sumner on a blueberry and vegetable farm in Maine and the winter snowboarding in Colorado. Shit is going to work out one way or another...

Attachments

• IMG_20170517_170159.jpg
    IMG_20170517_170159.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 256
Reactions: sd40chef
Reaction score
Hey and welcome to Europe,

First of make sure your dogs passport is upto date and get any vaccines required or its going to be a pain the in arse to cross any borders outside of mainland Europe especially getting in to the UK or ROI.

Secondly, just go with the flow,

ATB
Nomad
U

Indeed. Paper work stamped by Norwegian authorities and usda is valid 4 months in till I need official EU pet passport. Was going to get in Netherlands, Belgium, or Germany depending on price and where I ferry from (may go France straight to Ireland) because I have to get her re-treated within 5 days of entry into the UK for tapeworm and it makes sense to visit vet once for all needs when possible. What is ROI?, excuse my ignorance. Love it here so far.

Reaction score
Hey there, welcome to the StP website hope you'll enjoy the community and all it has to offer.
Secondly, welcome to Europe. Hope you'll have a kick-ass time over here and see a lot of great places. - This community isn't too far reaching on this side of the pond, but maybe once you hit the UK you'll be in and around other users of the site, so keep up posted where you're at! I'm in Denmark, though not relatively close to Copenhagen.
I

I see...I think I'm going to like it here a lot. I don't ever want to go back to the fucking states, I hate being owned by them! Hopefully I find good ppl so in the unfortunate event I should get deported I never am at risk of losing my dog. Is there any other forums in Europe or Scandinavia for alternative socializing or work and trade? The states uses Craigslist.com for everything and I've noticed it's not big in Norway. How do ppl connect or find work and other opportunities on the internet?

Thanx!

Reaction score
All the best with your travels man! I've never been to any of the spots you're heading to but I have been to Copenhagen for a few days waiting for a flight back to north america. Check out Freetown Christiania... probably the most interesting part of the city from what I've been told and from what I've seen. Lots of great dumpster scores.

Yeah...everyone love kobenhavn I hear. Dumpster diving is my game. I hear Christiana is autonomous. Sounds bad ass either way!

sd40chef

Reaction score
Yeah...everyone love kobenhavn I hear. Dumpster diving is my game. I hear Christiana is autonomous. Sounds bad ass either way!
I meant to say dumpsters are great outside of christiania, although there is a free swap tent in christiania i got some clean mismatch socks from and unfortunately had no gear to leave there.

N0MAD

Reaction score
U

Indeed. Paper work stamped by Norwegian authorities and usda is valid 4 months in till I need official EU pet passport. Was going to get in Netherlands, Belgium, or Germany depending on price and where I ferry from (may go France straight to Ireland) because I have to get her re-treated within 5 days of entry into the UK for tapeworm and it makes sense to visit vet once for all needs when possible. What is ROI?, excuse my ignorance. Love it here so far.

ROI Is Republic of Ireland, i.e. Not Northern Ireland , the United Kingdom is only England wales Scotland or Northern Ireland.

ATB N0MAD

Whereamiwhatdoido

Reaction score
Is there any other forums in Europe or Scandinavia for alternative socializing or work and trade? The states uses Craigslist.com for everything and I've noticed it's not big in Norway. How do ppl connect or find work and other opportunities on the internet?

Thanx!

Well, there's a site called www.helpx.net which is used in scandinavia(and the rest of the world), it's a 20 euros for a 2 years membership. All or mostly volunteer work and no paid jobs there.

Reactions: sd40chef

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
ive heard gumtree is like europe's craigslist, but i don't have any experience with it.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads