Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
im confused

maus

Reaction score
sorry. im saying theyre good for staying healthy! youre right its an important category of being nomadic that most people neglect. i dont really understand those kids that just take pride in their total lack of care for themselves.

as dead prez said "let your food be your medicine, no excederin..."

kai

Reaction score
recently had the chance to dine on kefir water and pickled cat tail hearts, fuck yeah fermented food and probiotics, I'm all about the 10% m.f. yogurt.

nobo

Reaction score
"recently had the chance to dine on kefir water and pickled cat tail hearts"

i know all this shit is good, but damn. it just sounds so gross! haha

blackmatter

Reaction score
dude i think pickeled cat tail hearts sounds kinda yummy however ive heard pickled foods as well can carry carcinogens howver theres carcinogens everywhere blah blah blah any one like kombucha though? ever made it?

kai

Reaction score
i had a kambucha for a little while

the reason it didn't survive was because I was without extra jars and good sterile conditions, but shit I felt great.

another cool thing to have around and keep alive is a sourdough starter, then you can make booze and bread!

kefir is really good to, you can also use store bought yogurt to make your own yogurt culture and continuously keep it alive and making new fresh yogurt!

D

dirtbag

sorry. im saying theyre good for staying healthy! youre right its an important category of being nomadic that most people neglect. i dont really understand those kids that just take pride in their total lack of care for themselves."

I don't know how much of it is pride in total lack of care and how much of it is being pleased about being tough enough to live in a very low maintenance kind of way.

M

Mouse

^haha

sad but true.

my daily regime is milk thistle to repair my liver, fish oil to help my joints, vit. b complex to keep my sanity and energy, very strong multi vits cuz I can, astragolus root tincture to boost my shitty immune system, and occasionally probiotics

other than that I really have no clue what you guys are talking about.

D

dirtbag

To be fair, I was broke as fuck in Phoenix once and got taken in by a couple Vegans. And after a week of eating what they ate, I felt like a million bucks. I still have no idea what half of it was.

As far as fermented food goes. Kraut is the best damn thing ever. I know nothing of fermented food aside from that.

Dameon

Reaction score
I mostly ate vegan food at Rainbow Gathering, and it screwed up my body completely. Some people can live that way...me, I have to have meat.

Everybody talks about how healthy being vegan is, and look at how rail thin they always are, like their bodies are wasting away. I don't believe that's healthy.

Besides, they'll live denying themselves the fine pleasures of fried slaughtered animals and other assorted yummies, then 90% of them will get hit by a bus at 35. Then the people who eat the yummy stuff will live to be centenarians. It's a total statistical fact.

D

dirtbag

I guess compared to my diet while crossing the country of cigarettes, whiskey, coffee, amphetamines, and a sandwich at some subway knockoff near the Oklahoma/Texas state line(which the damn Okie woman took 25 minutes to make). I would have felt healthier eating shit sandwiches.

nobo

Reaction score
if you can kill it, clean it and cook it. by all means eat it. personally i think its fucking pathetic that most people who eat meat dont know shit about how to slaughter the animal theyre eating. i know more vegans that know how to respectfully take apart and animal than people who eat meat. most omnivores or really strict meat eaters are just totally in denial. its actually pretty bothersome. people just eat what they want. veganism is awesome for the people that want to be vegan but it comes with a lot of sacrifice some of the time. also i could never gain weight as an omnivore but once i started eating primarily vegan i instantly put on 10 lbs. and no, it wasnt from just eating bread and wheat. i think it was from just finally eating correctly for what my body needed at the time....

Clean

Reaction score
"if you can kill it, clean it and cook it. by all means eat it."
mikey dee's does all that for me, and I like my beer and burger tits.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads