Banned feralautistic banned for being the joker to stp's bruce wayne (1 Viewer)

SlankyLanky

stp user voted "the friendliest mod"
Staff member
Hometown
richmond virginia, the east coasts portland.
feral autistic has been banned for admitting to thinking they are the chaotic evil player that stp needs. the joker to our bruce wayne if you will. i really wish i had more to say about this but i hope my comments in the thread below attempting to understand why you would want to stick around somewhere just to watch it turn into a "dumpster fire" are enough. its a waste of peoples time that is better used on stp not dealing with people who admit that they just want to bitch and moan and troll.

given how much energy everyone puts into telling them off, dont you think you get something out of it? its not as if its pages of spam making it impossible to scroll past.
personally i think itd be more interesting if there was no moderation and we got to see how the culture developed from there. itd be a dumpster fire for sure but i happen to like dumpster fires.... so yeah no i havent bothered to leave suggestions.

personally, no. i dont get anything out of people bitching and not offering any solutions or suggestions for their complaints. the reason there isnt pages of spam and posts like this to scroll past is because people take the time and energy to weed out spam and shit like that.

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

EmmaAintDead

Pro-Crime /// Anti-Peace
Hometown
Chicago
Just a procedural question, but was this user issued warnings prior to this action being taken? Reading through the rules, trolling like this isn't immediately bannable, and in the interest of transparency I wouldn't mind some confirmation that it wasn't the first step taken

Eng JR Lupo RV323

Increasingly aggressive bro
Staff member
Hometown
530 Rackerby, California
Website
youtu.be
I think in this case, Feralautistic is clearly admitting to trolling us. The word trolling wasn't included but if you've followed Feralautistic for the last few months and then add to that what they said in this thread... It's obviously trolling. They're always stirring the pot in threads with the slightest bit of drama. They're admittedly griefing us, making more work for staff and that's bullshit.

We have a portion written in the rules that reads:
"Just to be clear: we're not here to take your shit; even if you're not breaking the rules. We're super nice and will generally go out of our way to help you, but if the staff deems your content offensive, whether it's directed at themselves, the website in general, or anyone else, we reserve the right to ban you outright. Just because we're nice people doesn't mean we're going to let you shit all over us in our own space. Our policy is ridiculously simple: don't be a dick. If you play nice, we'll play nice."

In this case, fair warning was given right there in the rules. We don't have to pack all three bags for them. The three points warning system is in place more for people who might not realize they're breaking a rule. In the case of Feralautistic, they straight up basically said they're here to be a dick and watch all our work burn. So fuck that and fuck them, they're done.

OP
SlankyLanky

SlankyLanky

stp user voted "the friendliest mod"
Staff member
Hometown
richmond virginia, the east coasts portland.
Just a procedural question, but was this user issued warnings prior to this action being taken? Reading through the rules, trolling like this isn't immediately bannable, and in the interest of transparency I wouldn't mind some confirmation that it wasn't the first step taken
@Eng JR Lupo RV323 pretty much covered it, from time to time theres people who will kinda dance on thin ice and then back off after being given a warning or two then wait for those to expire to continue being a ass. kinda using our warning system to see how much they can get away with without actually getting banned. in this case it seemed to make sense to just say fuck it and get rid of somebody who seemed to have no desire to be part of stp in any way aside from complaining and rustling folks jimmies.

off the top of my head i cant remember the last person who was given the boot like this but it doesnt happen often. prolly cause most adults who dont wanna be here just arnt here and dont feel like they need to tell us how much we suck haha. i think now more then ever before as long as iv been on stp the sites open to change, like theres a entire section of the forum for suggestions about things people want from stp but when i asked her for input on how she felt about stp i got this:

i wouldnt have anyone do anything different, i just want to be the grouch in the corner of the room.
being the grouch in the corner of the room is something stp has in spades these days. its a ridiculously childish attitude to have, especially online in a forum where nobody forced you to sign up. i think of it like the person at a house meeting who does nothing but complain about things but doesnt lift a finger themselves to pitch in. the kinda "i dont like it, but i dont wanna do anything about it besides bitch and moan as loudly as possible" that shit is annoying as hell irl and its just a big waste of energy here. i would much rather be watching the first 48 re runs or taking pictures of my belly button to send to jason, but i do think that staff being transparent is a good thing and im happy to clarify stuff like this. its probably my fault for not writing a better post in the first place, but uh, im not exactly the most articulate dude.

WyldLyfe

Wayfarer
Hometown
Australia
@Eng JR Lupo RV323 pretty much covered it, from time to time theres people who will kinda dance on thin ice and then back off after being given a warning or two then wait for those to expire to continue being a ass. kinda using our warning system to see how much they can get away with without actually getting banned.
Is there a way to check how many warning you got?

waznot

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Hometown
Hell
Hello. First comment. I signed up a while ago because I like to get the vibe of a forum and learn the etiquette before posting. But after seeing how much joy you fine folks get out of banning people for increasingly petty reasons, I don't think I'll be jumping into your crab bucket any time soon.
That said, I hope my introductory post is the one I get banned for.

Anyone have a copy of the crew change guide? The joker did nothing wrong, 1488, etc.

Eng JR Lupo RV323

Staff member
Hometown
530 Rackerby, California
Website
youtu.be
That's really unfortunate. We have a dire need for users that contribute fuck all nothing for spans of 6+ months and when they do it's only to bitch about something they don't agree with but almost everyone else does. I'm not sure how we're gonna get by without you but.. we're gonna try. Also, go fuck yourself.

Eng JR Lupo RV323

Staff member
Hometown
530 Rackerby, California
Website
youtu.be
Your words, they cut so deep. You've completely dismantled my soul with your clever keyboard jabs. I should just Elvis myself tonight and save myself from all this anguish. I'm in such a dark place, you've hurt me so bad. Your wit is completely unfuckwithable, why did I even try stepping to you.. I'll never know more regret than I feel right now, I can't. /Wrists

Eng JR Lupo RV323

Staff member
Hometown
530 Rackerby, California
Website
youtu.be
Alright you mindless fucking dolt. It's late and you bore me. You get to have the last word, I'm going to bed. We'll see about banning you tomorrow, can't make any promises though.

Hazardoussix6six

RideBikesPlayPolo
StP Supporter
Hometown
Cincinnati ,OH
Whys everyone so hostile and anti participation these days if u no like, y r u here? If stp was a bar itd be interesting as fuck...*day dreams*... yup a great bar to be at...in the corner an observe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$150.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $150.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Eastbound from San Antonio! See ya soon nola.
Looking for someone or a group to travel with and show me the ropes. Total newbie
Free punk show HAAM benefit at BuzzSaw tonight 7pm in Austin!
Much nicer riding weather today! Howdy, Austin! I'll be around a few days I think, trying to get new tires on the motorbike before I move on.
Im in the bay headed to reno tonight, had a good week with good people and good miles. The tehachapi loop gets prettier every time.
Best part of unexpected kindness - (drum roll)
IT'S UNEXPECTED
Got to Beaumont. Fucking brrr, man. Someone remind me again what just what the hell am I doing in Texas?
leptospirosis--- possum piss in the water! feel awful! this is what killed lincons mum!! be careful of yoru water playmates!!!
Omg this shit happened again :( my love is back behide bars :( what can I do 2 make the most of the time I have now???
Heading Southwest tomorrow. Hoping to make the Sam Houston National Forest by nightfall. Gonna be a long day of riding...