Banned fenrirfox banned for trolling (1 Viewer)

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
FenrirFox,

Matt Derrick has issued you a warning for abusing the rating system. If you receive three warnings in a 90 day period you will be banned permanently. Please take this opportunity to re-read the website rules and our 'three strikes' policy using the link above.

If you would like to contest this decision, please respond to this message, or email one of our administrators via the contact form of our website.

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!
OP
Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
gee... think about it really hard. might have been because you went and rated 7 posts in a one hour period with the rating 'stupid'. and several more the day before that. looking over the content of those posts, it's pretty obvious you're just trying to get a rise out of people at this point. trolling doesn't help anyone here, and none of your posts have been productive in any way, so this is your last warning before your account gets banned.

FenrirFox

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
gee... think about it really hard. might have been because you went and rated 7 posts in a one hour period with the rating 'stupid'. and several more the day before that. looking over the content of those posts, it's pretty obvious you're just trying to get a rise out of people at this point. trolling doesn't help anyone here, and none of your posts have been productive in any way, so this is your last warning before your account gets banned.
Looking over the content? So it's a problem because you agree with what they said? Completely arbitrary. Never trolled.

And by what standard is being productive enough? Again, just arbitrary shit 'cause you don't like me.

Also, you said two warnings left before. Just shows your bias against me. Don't bother with the excuse that it's because I asked a question.

(I also remember Lanky responding to his criticism of a rating he gave by saying that's just what the ratings are there for, whatever shit, but Lanky can do whatever because he's on your boat.)

OP
Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
look, you're not going to turn this around to a 'oh i'm the one being persecuted' type of thing. we get to do what we want here because we're the ones putting in the time and money to make this (free) space available to you. if we deem that you're not interested in the subject of this community or your posts are wildly off topic, then yeah, we can skip as many warnings as we like and go to a straight account ban. this is all detailed in our forum rules, which i'm sure you've read ;)

so maybe it's time to take a good hard look at yourself and ask whether you're actually invested in this community or not. personally, based on the content you've posted and the amount of negative ratings you've accumulated, i'd say it's time to go somewhere else. but, we're nothing if not fair here, hence this warning.

FenrirFox

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
34/58 really isn't that bad. It's only like that because I popped into the echochamber.

1. I am interested.
2. None of my posts have been wildly off-topic

Sorry I'm not sure if people are supposed to frontflip or backflip off of trains, if that would be productive enough.

OP
Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
You know, all you have to do is be like, 'hey sorry about that, i'll see if i can do better' and just leave it at that, but instead you constantly choose to argue and use shitty sarcasm (the kind that's really only amusing to yourself) so i'm done; i've given you more chances than you deserve, all you do is (purposefully) try to irritate people and seek to cause conflict, and I don't believe you are at all interested in becoming a productive member of this community, so im banning your account.

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Website
www.youtube.com
Honestly, I was just waiting for this to happen. This user was obviously a troll. I've tried, multiple times to give this guy a chance, and induce productive debate, and have received 0 productive replies.

Not to mention the fact I have mentioned the abuse of the rating system MULTIPLE times

No skin of my back on this one.

Ezra Fyre

Wanderer
It's fascinating to learn how these bans unfold; folks really have a hard time swallowing the fact that not all their behavior is acceptable nor does it have to be tolerated by others. I don't know of anyplace on the planet/in life/in cyberspace where you get everything on your own terms. I appreciate the transparency of this Den Of The Banned - it's very instructive.

I completely second this statement!! Extra extra agree on "Appreciate Den of the Banned" & "IT'S VERY INSTRUCTIVE" ... It's been exceptionally instructive to me (& my rushed through crap i was supposed to pay attention to, when making account, Ass ... self)

Thanks Matt & the other mods! I love it! & everything that guy said, too!

Jerrell

Vagabond
Dude hit me with some poop emojis as a noob for no good reason or rebuttal to my posts and got on my nerves in discord, so glad to see them ejected from the fold.

ScumRag

me, hellarity, oak, ca. about 2006
thats totally stereotyping.

You know what? I think you're right.... So thanks for pointing out the obvious there, captain.... & I'd expect the bad rating from you as we've had similar interactions before, so thanks again!!! (i really mean this. THANK YOU)

Last edited:

roguetrader

Vagabond
have to say a lot of people try very hard to stereotype themselves - looking and behaving in the way they think fitting for the particular social group they belong to.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $10.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $10.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $10.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $10.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.