Fellow Trans* and genderqueer adventurers! Where are you all?

L

Laume

Hai! I'm Aari!

I've been on StP for quite a while now, and I feel like I can never find other Trans* or genderqueer travelers.
Where are you???
I know you're out there! I can't be the only one.

I would love to connect and converse with you!

I haven't been able to hit the road yet out of fear of the way people like us are treated in this society, and for lack of someone in the same position to share an adventure with.
But I'd love to hear about your adventures and how you handle being non-binary on the road.

Even just to know there are more of us would be beautiful, and reassuring! <3

• Sad
Reactions: Matt Derrick

ByronMc

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Yeah,there are a few on here,let me see if I can find their post

ByronMc

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
do a search

Hylyx

Reaction score
Reactions: zapporra

Joni

Reaction score
i wonder how being trans changes things while out on the road? how does it affect getting into shelters? dealing with churches/food banks to get food? getting rides while hitching? what are some of the things that are affected in addition to the average issues that a transgender person might have?

curious...
-joni

Reactions: todd
C

CrustyFagabond

i wonder how being trans changes things while out on the road? how does it affect getting into shelters? dealing with churches/food banks to get food? getting rides while hitching? what are some of the things that are affected in addition to the average issues that a transgender person might have?

curious...
-joni

I was just traveling with a MtF trans girl, and she did that she avoids shelters, bum feeds and the like all together. Unless it's a city like boulder that holds her reputation out there.
She also said that it's good to know some form of martial arts or "fighting tactics" because it's inevitable. Tho this is also coming from a mtF that's 6' tall.
Food banks and churches are hit and miss. But rarely does she get turned away unless it Salvation Army. Fuck those assholes.

It might be different too for FtM individuals. I'm not sure.

Hope this helps.

Another thing from my own personal expirence.
This is YOUR reality. If you keep your mind right you can manifest ANY type of expirence you want. And equally your fears will manifest themselves into your reality for you to overcome them.

• Useful
Reactions: Joni
W

whatisthatradio

crusty queer anarchist punk here! that's awesome that this post was made. Cool to see that there are people within the community of travel. I'll be hitting the road in about three months (sometime in February after I sell my car and everything else)

zapporra

Reaction score
Just chiming in! Glad to see there are other queer folks on here. I'm a non-binary transman and also planning to do some traveling this summer. Maybe we will encounter each other in our travels. ^_^ I'd love to somehow create ways to connect other gender-varient folks who like moving around a bit.

Reactions: Hylyx

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
::fuckinginbed:: gay here! :)

MishMish

Reaction score
Genderqueer/gender-deviant :))))) checking in

Yeah....um...no matter how I'm perceived I generally prefer being grouped with females, and in homeless/outreach situations there are usually fewer females than males, so less crowded, less hassle, less assholes usually. I've only gone to Salvation Army on super cold nights and there were very few female bodied people, and I don't often pass as male these days, so I found it preferential...I might be more flexible/fluid than others though, right now, in survival mode, I just appear however I need to- which is usually butchy-boy looks- people annoy me like hell at soup kitchens, but not at labor pools where there is a different mode of respect...and I really can't expect churches to be really sympathetic or understanding in these regards, but I need their supplies, so until I'm in a "safe state" I'm just biting the bullet...the few queers around "see me" but most people can't...and for now, that's alright w/ me....O but then there are the "MCC" churches or queer-ish churches with lgbt books/magazines/std testing and food pantries if you can find them...

• Useful
Reactions: Joni and zapporra

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads