Favorite Songs for Guitar Busking?

Rufiodies

Reaction score
What is your go to? Covers? OC?

What do you like to play? What songs pay the best? Are they often the same or are you forced to play stuff you don't love?

Shaka

That One Guy
Reaction score
Should try playing walk by pantera. Im sure thatll draw the metal heads your way

Rufiodies

Reaction score
Walk. Smoke on the Water. Toxicity. One. Sanitarium. I dunno what else would be a quintessential annoying song everyone learns when they start playing guitar.

Sweet Child of Mine? Obviously Stairway?

I'm not asking what you played at that party you brought your first acoustic guitar to in highschool, I'm asking what you play when you're busking!

schmutz

cooler than you
Reaction score
Folksy stuff....Edie Brickell, Beatles, the Smith's....stuff that is fairly easy to play and melodic...

Benji91

Gone Walkabout
Reaction score
Website
www.instragram.com
Mainly covers when busking, but I chuck in some OC every few songs.

My go to while travelling is Down Under by Men at Work...I change the words up a bit (make it relevant to where I am). Playing it, along with my silly accent, always gets me a bit of good attention.
I do some other old bogan Aussie stuff - No Secrets by the Angels, Working Class Man by Cold Chisel, Solid Rock by Goanna, (I'm) Stranded by the Saints Dumb Things by Paul Kelly etc.

Standard stuff like Nirvana, Johnny Hobo, Johnny Cash, NoFX and Against Me! are always good fun too.

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Gracefully facedown by DMT. Also. For some reason, Country Death Song by Violent Femmes.

I've done everything from "Picture" by Kid Rock/Sheryl Crow to "You" by Bad Religion, and every bit of it is my favorite.

My go to now is folk/americana

Except for the motherfukin' requests for Wagon Wheel. Man. Or Freebird for that matter....

Reactions: schmutz

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
This is my new goal as a tribute to 'ol Chester:

James Meadowlark

Sonic Reducer
Reaction score
One of the best I've heard as a passerby was Dramarama's "Anything, Anything." It's relatable to most people, rocks just enough, and is easy to play (I learned to play the bass part). It also sounds great on an acoustic rig. I stuck around long enough to hear the whole song and emptied my pockets into that open guitar case.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads