Favorite place to ride through

astr0

Reaction score
With the colder seasons approaching, I know a lot of you are going to bunker down, but what about the rest of you? I'm in SC and naturally I want to head west. But I'm wondering if I should make a b-line to Nola and cruise the southern states all the way to Vegas or if the fall scenery would be worth it to go north then cut across above Kentucky and into Montana. I don't mind the cold and I have all the right gear to survive the winter up there, but then again I like being warm a whole lot more.

What do you guys/gals think?

bryanpaul

Reaction score
man i was just lookin at pictures from today of the west VA mountans and i'm thinkin i need to go ridin up that way for a week or two.....i'm in MD right now......yeah dude.........don't know where your at but maybe ride csx up to baltimore and then up to cumberland...or up to and outta knoxville...or NS up through either lynchburg ....or through roanoke.....you can always go back south..........either way, have fun...... i'm lovin this cool air rollin in!

Doobie_D

The Slack Action Hero
Reaction score
Id say if you got the gear go via the coldest route you can. The Sunset is going to be tramped out a fuck soon.

If you are going up into Montana be prepared for well below zero temps and high winds out on them plains.

If i were you id ride up to Richmond from SC and catch the Q303. It goes thru VA,WV, and into Russel, KY. From there you can catch into Chicago and onto the hi-line. In a couple months the highline will be great for riding on!

Doobie_D

The Slack Action Hero
Reaction score
"Easy yard" are two tricky words to use together. Depends on how experienced you are, how you roll, what time of day you give it a crack, etc...

But as far as im concerned its an easy yard.

Theres a pretty sweet jungle there tho. That is if gangs of trashers havent found it.

Nomadfrom82

Reaction score
Ill b in richmond around wed hoppin south to jax than to nola and onto cali than down to roserita mexico, cant get much warmer than that bro, hmu if u wanna hop out, i love riding through the swamps across lake p and crossing the huey p long, hell i just love riding la.

astr0

Reaction score
Ill b in richmond around wed hoppin south to jax than to nola and onto cali than down to roserita mexico, cant get much warmer than that bro, hmu if u wanna hop out, i love riding through the swamps across lake p and crossing the huey p long, hell i just love riding la.
I think I can get to VA by Wednesday. You have skype?

Nomadfrom82

Reaction score
Sorry brother no skype, all i got left really is a shitty hard to charge android phone, ive lost most everything elss in my life, even the gear i had put up in the house for a emergency escape from a life meltdown is gone, im startin fresh with everything, no alice pack no bed roll no nothin really but a backpack some clothes and a sharpie, imma look like a fuckin oogle lol. But on the real email me well exchange #s talk a little if we seem to get along well partner up. I like hoppin with one road dog to have my back, never liked groups and i have a love of ridin units, wisley tho, always keep cover, and never reveal my position. Well have a good time bro mail me - nomadfrom82@yahoo.com

Nomadfrom82

Reaction score
<<< no stranger to cold desert mornings... All i really reqiire is a sleeping bag i got warm clothes at least enough anyway to get by, first couple decent kick downs i get u can b sure ill be gearing up before im drinkim a space bag thats for sure

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
moved to destinations.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads