favorite place to go in the winter?

jake4569

Reaction score
So what's your favorite warmish place to go during the winter season? Is it your favorite place for the warm weather or just a Combonation of decent weather and friendly people?

K

Kim Chee

slo is where I go. Cold is pretty relative. Its cold comparing to LA or anywhere in FL, but is warmer than SF. Definitely surviveable outside. I gots me a nice top secret squat to rack out and even leave gear in(coool!)

jake4569

Reaction score
Slo seems like a great idea, I was thinking sf but from what I read it can get pretty cold there.

12xPUKEx12

Reaction score
Slo sucks, the cops there are nutjobs. Go ta SD, weathers perfect all year round.

E

Earth

Staying right here in New England, especially since we're back to having real winters again.
There's some folks roughing it on the river right across the street from me - don't know how they do it, but they do...
Me??
Gotta have my kerosine heater roaring as I peek out into the world outside from me garage.

bryanpaul

Reaction score
i actually like houston texas,,,,,,, everybody else seems to hate that city but i've had good times there....found some good spots............only city ive been where you'll be walkin thru the hood and folks got horses in their back yards....TEXAS

Reactions: Zandra and jake4569
Reaction score
Too wet in SLO in the winter for me. Same with most of the central and northern CA coast, which is why I never stay past November. I tend to hit up the Southern CA and AZ deserts in winter, Southern tip of NV isn't bad either. Padre Island is cool, but you have to get away from the people, and having sand in every orifice isn't too fun. You're more likely to get hassled there as well by Border Patrol out doing their rounds, especially if you have darker features. Lake Mohave in NV is nice, windy, but close to town and the soup kitchen.

Blaine

Reaction score
SLO is OK, but not perfect, foget Santa Barbra hum bums kids there suck, to many fights, never made it to SD last year, heard OB is chill

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads